ADVERTISEMENT

Avengers: Endgame [April 26]

I’m going tonight bitches

When-Your-Younger-Siblings-Tell-You-You-Really-Need-Get-YouTube.gif

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Saw it this morning. Movie is too long and really drags until the final 45 minutes.

It's not as good as Infinity or Avengers 1. It's the 3rd best of the 4 Avengers movies.

That being said, the payoff and closure is really, really good and worth the wait.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Taking my son to see it this afternoon.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
You can still hit every note with one string.

I don’t know that I’ve seen her in anything else (other than 13 Going on 30 when she was probably 12), but I’m neutral on her in these two movies. Captain Marvel gave her a little more room for range. She’s PTSD and overworked like all of the rest of them (save Rogers) in this movie. Apparently hardcore stoicism is how CM deals with apocalypse.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie. The first 2/3 of it were not what I imagined. I got bits and pieces right and finally got the Stark meets Rocket scene I’ve craved for five years (too short, but so good). Big surprise for me just 30 minutes into this...

You know going into this that contracts are over, and it’s the resolution to just about everything since CA first hit the screen, but somewhere in the middle this turns into a bunch of goodbye scenes... And somehow that works incredibly well. I think my wife probably cried 12 different times in this.

There is something weird and still crazy fun to me as far as story creating during the scenes they are all split up. Character matching for these scenes had to be fun, and the whackier combos were my favorites.

The big battle scene was fun. I liked the immediate preceding scenes better. The last moments of the surviving original Avengers before it gets epic in scale were great.

Cheeseburgers... The hallmark of this whole cycle, and there’s a lot of good, is just how real and consistent this format and tight story telling over 12 years and 22 movies made these characters feel. Especially Stark, Rogers, Thor and Romanoff.

I’m going to stop now. Time for a spoiler thread I think. I could do this all day...

Finally got to see this today with the wife. We both loved it and thought it was well done and finished well.

Reactions: KCMOrange
Spider-Man far from home, was better than I could have hoped for. Mysterio has been my favorite Spider-man rouge since I was a little boy, he’s the best animated series villain and now, wow. The last 2/3 of the movie just doesn’t stop. The end credits stingers are also top notch. Stay for both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT