ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coaches

TG has said in the past more than once that he hates OSU . Now he is an employee
I went back and watched the video where Gilman got in to it with our wrestlers after a Iowa-OSU dual here. The part where he ‘ might have told John Smith to go f himself , ( Gilman’s words ( google it), ), was especially good..

Summary, if you’re going act like that, I don’t want you here.. If you disrespect John Smith, I don’ want you here. DT , if you don’ care about OSU, and respecting us, then , I don’t want you here.

I went back and watched the video where Gilman got in to it with our wrestlers after a Iowa-OSU dual here. The part where he ‘ might have told John Smith to go f himself , ( Gilman’s words ( google it), ), was especially good..

Summary, if you’re going act like that, I don’t want you here.. If you disrespect John Smith, I don’ want you here. DT , if you don’ care about OSU, and respecting us, then , I don’t want you here.
Well go ahead and fire him then. We can’t have you not signing off on this hire.

Intensity is good. OSU Wrestling is bigger than John Smith. If the guy helps us win, that's all that matters

If you are implying Lee would come here…h**l, why not? though, I do think Iowa would leverage their state capital to keep him in house.
I’m not implying that at all. My prediction is that Thomas Gilman, after a highly successful run at Oklahoma State will be the next head coach at Iowa.

He’s a long way from Iowa now days. he was a stupid college kid then. Though it hasn’t been all that many years, I’ve heard he’s changed and grown up quite a bit.

Smith would prob laugh about it

So potentially we could have a coaching staff of DT, Dake, Kennedy, Gilman, and Fix?
Congrats! BIG Congrats! You guys are gonna roll. That is one hellofa staff. I’ll be rooting for the Pokes now except when we meet in the home & home series that will surely be announced in the late summer. PSU vs OSU every year! That’s gonna be a hellofa treat for both fan bases. I would guess that it will be the “match of the year” throughout the remainder of this decade and into the next.

Orangeman, still upset Syracuse cut their wrestling program back in 2001 and still upset about something a young kid did almost 9 years ago? You have to learn how to stop holding a grudge! People grow up and mature, and even when mature still get fired up in the heat of competition. And anyways, I am sure that JS has been told worse things during his career and probably said worse things. Its all water under the bridge at this point. These hires are what the program needed. Haven't seen this much excitement around Ok State Wrestling in a long time. These coaches are what the program needed and these young men, the wrestlers, are going to be the biggest beneficiaries of it, as they should be!

John smith is a BAMF….Gilman didn’t back down from him. I hated him when he was a Hawkeye but I want to see that attitude out of out guys…like Lockett going back and forth with Starroci

I will always see the Iowa match as a grudge match as we dislike one another. I respect what they have done. I want to beat PSU like I always wanted to whip my older brothers, but I respected them. Hopefully we will turn PSU into a rivalry as well.

I think we can get within striking distance of 1st place next season.
I say temper your expectations. Unless the Cowboys get a ton of proven transfers, no one is getting close to P S next year. Have you seen their returning lineup? The gap is huge as they won by 100 points & have most wrestlers returning. Hopefully, in the not to distant future, though.

White Goodman Reaction GIF

Hey @ORANGEMAN check out this video.

Remember, Cael came in 9th (49pts, 3 AAs) his first year at PSU which was a great improvement over 17th (13pts, 2 AAs) in '08.

Some statistical analyse person should be able to say where we would finish with that kind of improvement.

Iowa and OSU have been arch rivals forever. Tons of foul language and bad blood has been shared on both sides over the years. This is a highly emotional sport and things said in the heat of battle by college age kids should have nothing to do with your opinion of them years late. I say we all act like Cowboys and get behind our new head coach and ALL of his hires. Gilman is now a Cowboy - welcome him!

There is considerable ground to make up here.

They had a few weights that didn't Wrestle well and still blew the doors off the comp.

They best way for DT to beat Cael is to travel to other university's to teach people how not to get bonused.

Without bonus, OSU (or anybody else) could threaten to get within 20-30 points of them.

For the record, I'm not saying we overtake PSU for 1st.
I'm saying assuming that Hendrickson and Alirez are on board, we will be within striking distance of PSU this season.

Let me clarify what that means to me. Standalone 2nd by a wide margin, close enough to PSU where if we have a few things break our way and a few things break against them we have a chance.

Reactions: OAMC99 and tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT