ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coaches

Also…

the avengers GIF

Would like to separate this out as it’s the next step.

I’m sure we’ve all heard the same names by now including Kennedy, Gilman, Perry OR Caldwell, Dake, Snyder, Fix.

Excited for the continued improvement in the RTC as it’s vital to attracting the top guys.
Snyder, very interesting. I have heard this but it would not surprise me

I’m telling you now. Culture change in Cowboy wrestling. Don't expect to see a lot of familiarity. Not everything is public knowledge and it won’t all be. Some will over time. Just know as Cowboy fans, this is what’s best for us.

I’m telling you now. Culture change in Cowboy wrestling. Don't expect to see a lot of familiarity. Not everything is public knowledge and it won’t all be. Some will over time. Just know as Cowboy fans, this is what’s best for us.
I know many don’t like to hear this stuff but flushing the wound is probably the best analogy. A lot of great people involved and that sucks but the culture is about to become very morman lol

lol like no drinking or swearing or wearing short shorts or girls or anything else lol. Its wrestling 24/7 with short intermissions of class and dodgeball
I don’t want anybody from Penn State coming in and asking young men to fast from girls…just saying?

I also don’t want dudes wearing short shorts, that are avoiding women…also, just saying.

As long as when we get to Nationals, we have more wrestlers in the Finals and we focus on winning matches with Bonus points instead of 3-2 victories, I’ll be ECSTATIC!! Somehow, I get the feeling I’m gonna be ECSTATIC!! And that makes me ECSTATIC about this hire!!! I’m done calling CW the “P” word as an AD! Dude is trying his damndest to make us the best we can be in all Sports and what more can you ask of the man? You all have me PUMPED about this hire!!! Go Pokes!!! Ready for this Team to be “Taylor Made”, to steal a line from another sport…

Our best years are ahead, for once.
S-Dub, I don’t know who you are but in a non gay way, I’m diggin what your throwin down! I was there in college in the 90’s during Pat’s run, Psycho Alan Fried, Hardell, Guerrero, Branch, Lewis… tons of Bad asses. They kicked ass and I look forward to getting back to us being at the Top of the Mountain with Penn St. I believe we will blow past Iowa, at some point, which all long time fans of OSU wrestling, that will mean as much as anything! Keep the updates coming! They’ve been AWESOME!!! Thanks again!! You and several others are doing great with these updates / intell!

Of course, it is no surprise that DT has not contacted me to be on staff. I guess he is a bit intimidated, since he has never scored a single point on me. He probably did not want me showing him up in front of the team. It makes sense. The kids have to believe in him and his approach if they are going to buy in.
We’re two peas in a pod brother. He hasn’t called me either. Same amount of points scored on me as he has you.

He’s just bitter like that, I guess.

😀

So some of you may remember me coming on here last Friday night or early Saturday giving early congrats on DT due to a post from an insider on the PSU forum. After that, other insiders like Mineo said no way. Well it seems like there was some sort of agreement last Friday but DT got cold feet about something it seems on Sunday. Slowly the process has leaked and that original insider was correct to a degree. He knew something and has some level of access to info. Anyway, all that to say that this same insider had some info he posted last night. Take it as a starting point in any discussion.

"dake will be in OK state at the tune of a mid 6 figure salary. After the Olympics Dake is going"

"Brand new facility coming to OK state 18 million dollars in the works"

"Dude from Paycom put up 10million dollar endowment for RTC"

"Jimmy Kennedy will be Assistant head coach, Dake will be the assistant and 1 more still not named (Molinaro most likely)."

"Gilman is HC of the RTC"

"1.5 mil split to the assistants. David over 7 figures"

Last edited:
A lot to unpack in that post, and take all of it with some grain of salt, but that particular poster has been known to know things.. In all that, the crazy thing is the RTC's $10M endowment figure. That's huge. Last I checked, the NLWC had like $10.7M in their fund. That said, your RTC will need to start a donor program to keep it up. As I recall, people donate to the NLWC to the tune of >2.5M annually but expenses are equal to that. So a great starting point if true, and I'm happy for wrestling that another post collegiate avenue is available for guys. I have been on this forum for several years asking about when you were going to jump into the RTC business with both feet. I guess I have my answer.

Last edited:
So some of you may remember me coming on here last Friday night giving early congrats on DT due to a post from an insider on the PSU forum. After that, other insiders like Mineo said no way. Well it seems like there was some sort of agreement last Friday but DT got cold feet about something it seems on Sunday. Slowly the process has leaked and that original insider was correct to a degree. He knew something and has some level of access to info. Anyway, all that to say that this same insider had some info he posted last night. Take it as a starting point in any discussion.

dake will be in OK state at the tune of a mid 6 figure salary. After the Olympics Dake is going

Brand new facility coming to OK state 18 million dollars in the works

Dude from Paycom put up 10million dollar endowment for RTC

Jimmy Kennedy will be Assistant head coach, Dake will be the assistant and 1 more still not named (Molinaro most likely).

Gilman is HC of the RTC

1.5 mil split to the assistants. David over 7 figures
Thanks for the info. Heard anything about Fix sticking around?

Reactions: bwel9339
So maybe Kennedy is lightweight coach with Dake as upperweight coach. I've also heard Eric Thompson's name. If you have Kennedy and Dake in the room, do you really need Molinaro? Someone needs to be Director of Operations. I saw that Mark Hall just interviewed for that very position at Oklahoma.

What I like about these names if true is that they aren't from one school. PSU, Illinois, Cornell, and Iowa. That's a very nice cross section of experience with different styles of coaching and technique.

Last edited:
So some of you may remember me coming on here last Friday night giving early congrats on DT due to a post from an insider on the PSU forum. After that, other insiders like Mineo said no way. Well it seems like there was some sort of agreement last Friday but DT got cold feet about something it seems on Sunday. Slowly the process has leaked and that original insider was correct to a degree. He knew something and has some level of access to info. Anyway, all that to say that this same insider had some info he posted last night. Take it as a starting point in any discussion.

dake will be in OK state at the tune of a mid 6 figure salary. After the Olympics Dake is going

Brand new facility coming to OK state 18 million dollars in the works

Dude from Paycom put up 10million dollar endowment for RTC

Jimmy Kennedy will be Assistant head coach, Dake will be the assistant and 1 more still not named (Molinaro most likely).

Gilman is HC of the RTC

1.5 mil split to the assistants. David over 7 figures
Nice work.

A lot to unpack in that post, and take all of it with some grain of salt, but that particular poster has been known to know things.. In all that, the crazy thing is the RTC's $10M endowment figure. That's huge. Last I checked, the NLWC had like $10.7M in their fund. That said, your RTC will need to start a donor program to keep it up. As I recall, people donate to the NLWC to the tune of >2.5M annually but expenses are equal to that. So a great starting point if true, and I'm happy for wrestling that another post collegiate avenue is available for guys. I have been on this forum for several years asking about when you were going to jump into the RTC business with both feet. I guess I have my answer.
That was my drum beating as well. It got very frustrating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT