ADVERTISEMENT

Argentina Shuns U.S. Dollar: Will Pay for China Imports in Yuan. Let's Go, Brandon!

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
Argentina struck a deal with Beijing on Wednesday to stop using U.S. dollars to pay for Chinese imports and embrace the yuan instead.

The deal further enhances China’s rise on the world stage and the diminished role of the U.S. on a host of fronts under President Joe Biden.

-- Recession
-- War in Ukraine
-- Inflation
-- Banking Crisis
-- High Fuel Prices
-- Disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal
-- 401K Losses
-- Inflation and Stagnant Wages Resulting in Veritable Paycut for Americans Every Month Since Pedo Installed
-- And this...

Here let me help you out.

giphy.gif

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Interesting albeit frightening article on the consequences of going off the gold standard and losing reserve status. The politicians have been warned but are ignoring it all, full steam ahead!

• Love
One look at the worldwide bond market reveals a disturbing imbalance. The U.S., which now has over $51 trillion in outstanding debt, has borrowed more to finance wars and programs than China, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, the U.K., and Canada combined. The American taxpayer is responsible for almost 40% of all the foreign debt in the world. And the outlook for the short and long-term future could be better.

On top of 32 trillion?

One look at the worldwide bond market reveals a disturbing imbalance. The U.S., which now has over $51 trillion in outstanding debt, has borrowed more to finance wars and programs than China, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, the U.K., and Canada combined. The American taxpayer is responsible for almost 40% of all the foreign debt in the world. And the outlook for the short and long-term future could be better.

On top of 32 trillion?

Oh My God Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

If what I'm reading is correct the 51 trillion is the total amount. Gotta love that 534 billion dollar interest payment.

Valued at over $51 trillion, the U.S. has the largest bond market globally. Government bonds made up the majority of its debt market, with over $26 trillion in securities outstanding. In 2022, the Federal government paid $534 billion in interest on this debt.Apr 20, 2023

If what I'm reading is correct the 51 trillion is the total amount. Gotta love that 534 billion dollar interest payment.

Valued at over $51 trillion, the U.S. has the largest bond market globally. Government bonds made up the majority of its debt market, with over $26 trillion in securities outstanding. In 2022, the Federal government paid $534 billion in interest on this debt.Apr 20, 2023
That "debt" represents money in the private sector. There's a reason both political sides use the "debt" argument against each other. Take a look at what happened when Bill Clinton ran a budget surplus. And that was a small surplus.

That "debt" represents money in the private sector. There's a reason both political sides use the "debt" argument against each other. Take a look at what happened when Bill Clinton ran a budget surplus. And that was a small surplus.
You will need to be a little more specific in what you mean about what Happened when the government ran a surplus. From what I remember the economy did pretty well until the effects of the Community Reinvestment Act and the repeal of Glass Steagall hit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT