ADVERTISEMENT

Another gun thread...

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
I read some people talking guns awhile back, can't remember it all.

So after shopping around, I bought my wife an HK VP9. She's very small and has small hands, but is able to operate this gun well. The big problem is going to be loading those clips. Damn things are sharp and stingy even for me. Going to get a clip loader next for her so I don't have to stop and do it all the time. The "charger grips" by the rear sight was a huge plus for her. She had issues working the slide even on some of the smaller compacts, but the VP was easy as pie for her.

Next....Im getting something for me. I've carried an old Ruger .357 security six for a loooong time. Had the gun since I was like 12 lol (well, it was mine...with supervision for some time...). Nothing special, but it's a gun you can drop, throw, kick, accidentally drop out of the truck while getting out tons of crap....and I don't have to worry about it....I would buy another VP9 for me, but I just can't carry the same gun as my 5 foot 100 pound wife....just wouldn't be me.

I have my eye on a certain gun at a near by store....will wait until I actually have it in my possession and have some range time before I say more.

Of these two guns which one would you guys buy? Would you go with the S&W 44 mag or the Glock 10mm? I want to buy one of these two guns as my next pistol and just wanted to see if any of you have opinions on these. Thanks!

I own a VP9 as well and love it. The only issue I have run into is my thumb placement on the frame will sometimes cause the slide to not lock back on an empty magazine. I added night sites and a 500 lumen Sure Fire flashlight and it is my primary home defense gun.

Stick with 9mm. Its cheaper to shoot and at the end of the day it's all about shot placement not bullet size.

I am just wanting to add to my collection I won't use it for home defense. I use a 357 mag for that or my 9mm. I am just wanting to get a large round pistol. I have always wanted the 10mm but I love revolvers and that 44 mag would be slick.

Originally posted by JonnyVito:

I am just wanting to add to my collection I won't use it for home defense. I use a 357 mag for that or my 9mm. I am just wanting to get a large round pistol. I have always wanted the 10mm but I love revolvers and that 44 mag would be slick.
I got a Glock 20SF with a KKM barrel for my birthday in Dec and am really liking it. I've put about 250 rounds thru it and it does take some getting used to but I really like it.

I have no Glock pistols either really like them so I am leaning towards the G20 series. But of course Rick on Walking Dead really sells that 44 mag. I would like to get the Glock and then add stuff to it. If I go with the mag then it is what it is really unless I add a scope and I am not really into that.

Have any of you shot the G31 by chance? I was thinking of going that way also but haven't had any feed back on that caliber pistol.

I'm thinking of getting this model but something seems a little off when I hold it in my hand. Not sure what it is.

best-funny-pictures_safe-gun.jpg

I have an old Ruger 357 security six for the home. The gun is about 35 years old, but it's reliable. Not much to it, built like a brick.

So....I have wanted one for a long time....so I got one. A Colt .45 1911 Gold Cup Trophy. I have shot the .45s my friends have had for a few years...just loved them. And I wanted one that would be a bit of a collector gun too. Was looking at the Colt 1911 Rail Gun, but I kept going back to the desert cerakote one that was like 1700-2000 bucks and just didn't want to spend that much for my first 1911 Colt. I have a decent little gun collection....also wish I had some of the stuff back that's been sold over the years....so I'm kinda starting over. Can't wait to go waste some money at the range lol.

Excellent choice. I bought a Springfield Range Officer 1911 45ACP after Christmas and love it. The best deal on ammo anywhere is at your favorite place, Walmart. 100 rounds federal brass cased 45acp for $26.95. I use the website linked below to check availability before heading to the store.

Kinda want to get a big polymer .45 like the FNX or HK45, but currently more intrigued by the smaller, designed for carry 1911's like the colt defender. Once I move and start my practice I plan on carrying all of the time. I am really worried about people having the misconception that there are narcotics in the office.

Brass Badger

Shot a Desert Eagle .50AE this week. Actually shoots nice since it weighs a little less than my pickup
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Hey Barker, they make a HK VP in a .45 caliber too. I love that gun, it's easy to change out the grips and then use it myself.

Good tip on the Walmart ammo. I'll throw some noxema under my nose and go grab a couple boxes lol.

I had I idea there was a VP45. I will have to check it out. One of my attendings has the VP9 and loves it b

There is definitely a VP45. When I bought the 9 for my wife, I almost ordered the 45. But the Colt spoke to me through the case and said, "eyes over here bud..."

But if I hadn't been so hell bent on getting a 1911, I would have definitely went for the VP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT