ADVERTISEMENT

An interview with Lou Rosselli about his OU job

I was calling you a TROLL, but that one went over your head.

Is your wrestling IQ so simple that you believe because Picc beat Millhof once; he will always beat him?

Last edited:
It was one match 8-0 I'm not taking anything away from Picc but MiIlhof will have a game plan this time.

Last edited:
I was calling you a TROLL, but that one went over your head.

Is your wrestling IQ so simple that you believe because Picc beat Millhof once; he will always beat him?
Is that what he said?

Pic beat him last year and was injured. There's also the elephant in the room that Milhoff and OU aren't exactly in lockstep at the moment which may be a distraction.

Milhoff could win, but the head to head's already went the other way while Pic was hurt, Pic has better workout partners, and hasn't had the distractions of a coaching change that Milhoff has. Why would anyone pick Milhoff as the favorite given that?

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
In 2013 at the Big 12 team dual championships OSU beat UO I think 48-3. Coach Smith let Yoder wrestle heavyweight since he was a senior and he lost. Though not a shutout it was the biggest win I've seen.
I also believe this was the weekend mostly everyone lost respect for Coach Cody for forfeiting most of their matches

Reactions: Pokes2010
In 2013 at the Big 12 team dual championships OSU beat UO I think 48-3. Coach Smith let Yoder wrestle heavyweight since he was a senior and he lost. Though not a shutout it was the biggest win I've seen.
I also believe this was the weekend mostly everyone lost respect for Coach Cody for forfeiting most of their matches
I was there. He sat Howe to keep his seed over Perry then Perry beat him at the NCAA's

Reactions: osu2082
Millhof beat Barlow McGhee and McGhee beat Picc.
Picc is amazing and on his way to an AA this year.
I'm saying don't be surprised if Millhof takes the win.

Millhof and OU are doing just fine!

Last edited:
Oklahoma only forfeited three matches in those duals (133 in the OSU dual against Morrison, and 197 and 285 in the ISU duals), although he did throw a ton of backups out there. It was Craig Turnbull at West Virginia who forfeited multiple weights in each dual.

I will give you this... Milhoff appears to of turned the corner and would not totally surprise me if he beats Picc.... But I will have to see it first. Can't believe that OU has even let their program fall to such a position of disgrace that we are even talking about a potential blanking. They should of fired way more then just Cody!!

The only one talking about blanking is you! Great wrestlers adjust, I just wish Pico would have wrestled his college career, Zain Retherford took a couple of beatings, but he has become one of the most dominate wrestlers we saw last year. Pico and Zain would have had some epic battles. Look for Nolf to bump up for a match or two so he can take on Martinez; I am sure he has spent the offseason working on making adjustments so he can even the series. I'm looking forward to some great battles between Millhof and Picc over the next couple years.

I coached Youth Football for ten years, even at that level recruiting was how you build a championship team! Cody had a good recruiting class last year. Rosselli will redirect some great kids his way this year. But it will take a couple of years to bring in and develop the type of guys OSU has been getting over the last few decades.

Last edited:
Oklahoma only forfeited three matches in those duals (133 in the OSU dual against Morrison, and 197 and 285 in the ISU duals), although he did throw a ton of backups out there. It was Craig Turnbull at West Virginia who forfeited multiple weights in each dual.
SHP, " Only 3 forfeits". There are only ten weights I think 30% is a healthy figure.

The only one talking about blanking is you! Great wrestlers adjust, I just wish Pico would have wrestled his college career, Zain Retherford took a couple of beatings, but he has become one of the most dominate wrestlers we saw last year. Pico and Zain would have had some epic battles. Look for Nolf to bump up for a match or two so he can take on Martinez; I am sure he has spent the offseason working on making adjustments so he can even the series. I'm looking forward to some great battles between Millhof and Picc over the next couple years.

I coached Youth Football for ten years, even at that level recruiting was how you built a championship team! Cody had a good recruiting class last year. Rosselli will redirect some great kids his way this year. But it will take a couple of years to bring in and develop the type of guys OSU has been getting over the last few decades.
I think most of the posters on this board have said and want OU to get better as it is good for the Big 12 and wrestling in general. I truly hope Millhof stays at OU and look forward to some great battles at 125 in the future. Millhof has really improved and gotten much bigger and stronger since he has been at OU. I don't base my opinions on one match and frankly Millhof should be favored in the match. He is already an
All-American. I think Pic is up to the challenge but that is what makes a horse race.

I do have an inside track to OU but him staying or leaving has been quite.i guess no need is good news? Would they redshirt Duffield and start Moody? Assuming Moody wins the wrestle off....or is Duffield the man if he wins??? Got my thoughts but wondering?

Personally, I think it is an advantage for a wrestler to have his redshirt in his back pocket. You never know what the future holds. Things have changed with the one-time transfer rule, but if I were a freshman, I would want to be the starter and keep my redshirt for down the road.

SHP, " Only 3 forfeits". There are only ten weights I think 30% is a healthy figure.
Out of 30 matches (three separate duals), that's 10%. Nothing like WVU, who forfeited 14/30 (46.66667%) that day. (of course, both forfeited more than the other two schools)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT