ADVERTISEMENT

Ames on saturday

7 projected #1 seeds. I like it. I will be in Ames Saturday for the tournament. Anybody else going to be there?

Originally posted by oberebo:

7 projected #1 seeds. I like it. I will be in Ames Saturday for the tournament. Anybody else going to be there?

You still wanting to go the Social in between sessions?

Supposed to be in the 50's. It's walkable. Need to meet at some point and go from there.

I will be with J Carl and if he can get free he will want to go I am sure. I have to hit the 4:45 mass at the Catholic Student center on campus so I may not be able to go. Talk to you about it more when I see you Saturday.

Re: New Location for Social

LOCATION CHANGE FOR SOCIAL:

The new location is Jack Trice Club on the east side of Jack Trice Field. All other details remain the same.

The Cyclone Wrestling Club will be hosting a Social following the first Session of the 2015 Big 12 Championships at Hilton Coliseum on Saturday, March 7th. Tickets are only $15.00 each. If anyone wants to come to the social but not eat, there is no charge.

All Iowa State wrestling fans are invited. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia fans are also invited. Encourage your friends and other fans to attend!

The Social will be held in Jack Trice Club, which is located on the east side of Jack Trice Field. Just walk or drive from Hilton Coliseum toward Jack Trice Field. Since you will be heading south, the east side will be to your left.

Hickory Park will be catering the meal, so you know it will be good! Alcohol will be available for purchase separate from the meal ticket.

Tickets will be available at the door.

Go Cyclones!

Re: New Location for Social

A little more info if interested.

Note about new location: To get to Jack Trice Club from the NE gate where you will enter Jack Trice Field, you walk up the hill. Jack Trice Club is at the top of the hill. If walking up the hill is a problem for you, Iowa State has offered a solution. They will have a mini-van (work vehicle) stationed at the NE gate, and they will take you to the top.

Tickets will be available at the door.

Go Cyclones!

The cowboys are foreseen to have six wrestlers seeded first in the tournament; #8 Eddie Klimara (125), #17 Dean Heil (141), #16 Anthony Collica (157), #1 Alex Dieringer (165), #11 Kyle Crutchmer (174), and #5 Austin Marsden (Hwt). Rounding out the Cowboys line-up will be Gary Wayne Harding (133), Davey Dolan (149), #20 Nolan Boyd (184), and Austin Schaffer (197). The tournament will hold true to some great match ups. Harding (133) will get another feel at a top contender for the weight class where he will have OU's #5 Cody Brewer first round. At 157, Collica and OU's #18 Justin DeAngelis are set up for a rubber match in the finals. DeAngelis won the first match in Stillwater earlier in the year and Collica defeated DeAngelis with an exciting overtime victory in Norman. At 174, Kyle Crutchmer is picked to make it to the finals where he can either have a rematch with #12 Tanner Weatherman (ISU) or #16 Matt Reed (OU). Nolan Boyd (184) will look for redemption from Iowa State's #18 Lelund Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon defeated Boyd in the dual meet this year and in last year's Big 12 finals. Heavyweight will look to be another battle between Austin Marsden and #13 Ross Larson. In the nights most anticipated match, Alex Dieringer is projected to hit #2 Michael Moreno of Iowa State.

Big XII, Big Facts

Though the Big XII conference may only have 4 teams, the programs participating have a powerful impact in the NCAA tournament history. This year will mark the 85th Annaverary of the NCAA Division I Wrestling Tournament. Eleven teams in the history of the NCAA's have won a team title. Three of the 11 teams are in the Big XII conference; Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Iowa State. Oklahoma State leads the nation with 34 titles, Iowa State with 8, and Oklahoma has 7. Together, over half of the NCAA Team Titles belong to the Big XII Conference.

Wow!! Wasn't expecting Dolan, what's up with Kindig? Feel bad for him!! Schafer actually looked good against Boykin at NC St. Not too surprised by that. I'm sure it was last minute, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Collica at 49.

Jon, where did you find that?

Nevermind, just saw it!

This post was edited on 3/5 10:31 AM by april racer

Kindig is still eligible for an At-Large, I think, since the Big 12 doesn't have an actual conference tournament. This is just my personal understanding of the rules, I could be totally wrong.

It isn't clearly defined. But I assume if he doesn't take part in the Big XIIs he's not eligible for an at large.

It does look like he will be eligible as a bronze rated wrestler. I am not sure how they choose at larges, if they pick gold and silver before bronze he might be in trouble.

Not sure what is the rule about wrestling in the qualifier. I would guess that he would still need to compete in the Big 12 to be eligible for an At Large. But that is just a guess.

I did find a reference in an old article on Flo that says you must wrestle in your qualifying tournament or regional to get an at large. If that is taken by the book then no big 12 wrestler would make it as at large. I doubt he gets it without wrestling. This seems to be a very unique situation with the big 12 this year.

Just found out from the announcer (J Carl) that the Big 12 will not be carried on Fox sports live on TV Saturday. There will be a delayed broadcast on Tuesday at 11AM on Fox. However, you can download a free app on Fox sports go and watch it live on your computer or I-phone or I pod.

Originally posted by oberebo:

Just found out from the announcer (J Carl) that the Big 12 will not be carried on Fox sports live on TV Saturday. There will be a delayed broadcast on Tuesday at 11AM on Fox. However, you can download a free app on Fox sports go and watch it live on your computer or I-phone or I pod.
That's only for the finals. The first round and third places matches will be free on the Big XII website. And Fox Sports Go is only available if it is included as part of your cable package. The list of cable providers that include access isn't very large.

Originally posted by The Vak:
Kindig is still eligible for an At-Large, I think, since the Big 12 doesn't have an actual conference tournament. This is just my personal understanding of the rules, I could be totally wrong.
Thats my take as well. the key is that. Kindig is still eligible for an at large.

Really throws a wrench in the 149 at Nationals because Kindigs seed will really hurt because of this. The way I see it is he will be a way too tough QTR finals matchup for some elite guy. Either it be Tshirt, Habat, Houdashelt or Sorenson. Might end up being so low he hands someone like Villalonga or Hunter Stieber a 2nd round matchup loss.

If Stieber doesnt show well at BIGS then he and Kindig could have some really low scary seed for the rest of the field.

All that being said if they are really that injured? Maybe they aint so scary?

Speaking of which. I dont think Delgado is right either. He may end up like McDonoughs SR year which is pretty ironic for all the talking Delgado did about beating an injuried returning champ. Id favor Klimara if ends up with Delgado in the Qtrs.

If it isn't necessary to wrestle in Big 12 to get an at large berth, why would Klimara, Hall, Dieringer, Gadson, Marsden wrestle in it and take a chance of getting hurt or upset and drop their seed?

well this was just posted on another forum so looks like he's weighing in http://www.big12sports.com/pdf9/3255006.pdf

165 - Dieringer advances, I believe by fall but I didn't see it

That Dixon kid for ou at 184, was he one of the twins or triplets from Edmond? Pretty tough year for him.

That Dixon kid for ou at 184, was he one of the twins or triplets from Edmond? Pretty tough year for him.

I'm at work and watching between doing stuff, but what happened at 184 with Boyd. Did he advance?

197 - Schafer lost 2-1, WVU guy got an escape with about 45 seconds left

285 - Marsden advances with a 13-1 MD

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT