ADVERTISEMENT

Altered Carbon - Netflix

Cowpoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Anyone watching this series? Action series set in the future where your conscious is stored in a chip that can be removed from your body and put in another, bringing about immortality (until the chip gets destroyed. Badass from the past is woken up to solve a crime...yadda yadda (grittier, more violent, very R rated Demolition Man). Joel Kinnaman is the star (the military guy who lead the team in suicide squad). Pretty fun, lots of action, high production values. Has its lame moments, but I'm 5 episodes in and enjoying it.

Season 1 was much better than season 2 IMO. However, the books are even better.

That being said, season 1 was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Reactions: Cowpoke

How close is the show to the books? Enough differences that the books are still fully enjoyable if I see the show first?

How close is the show to the books? Enough differences that the books are still fully enjoyable if I see the show first?
Yes you'd still enjoy the book 1 after watching season 1.
Season 2 was a mish-mash of books 2 and 3. Reading those will actually make watching season 2 better.

Yes you'd still enjoy the book 1 after watching season 1.
Season 2 was a mish-mash of books 2 and 3. Reading those will actually make watching season 2 better.

Cool, think I'll get me some reading material then.

I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 but haven't started season 2. Skip or watch?

I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 but haven't started season 2. Skip or watch?
I'd watch it for sure. But I found it a bit choppy because they tried to tie in some aspects of book 2 and book 3. It watches much easier after reading 2 and 3. But for sure it is worth the time investment to just watch.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Season 1 was phenomenal. Saw some negative reviews of Season 2, so I haven't been inclined to start it yet.

Its worthwhile, I agree with those saying season 1 is better. I'd say season 1 was more cerebral, deeper, and with better core actors. Season 2 is a fun watch though, I blasted through it in 3 nights, its only 8 episodes.

Season 1 is fantastic, I fell asleep multiple times during season 2. Visually though it’s stunning. 4K Dolby vision and atmos makes it worth the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT