ADVERTISEMENT

Air Force failed to report Devin Kelley's convictions to the FBI

Modify the software to prevent more hacks?
I wonder if anyone other than the US Government will ever use drones as a method of mass murder against innocent civilians. What can be done to stop it before it happens?

You said I couldn't fix stupid. I was just agreeing with you.

Don't be such a sour ass that I pointed out that Kenya's most effeminate goat herder was in charge during the Air Force screw up. That's what happens when doe-eyed dumbasses elect a community organizer to the highest office.
0.jpg

Reactions: anon_xl72qcu5isp39
Yep, definitely grasping at straws now...
Really? I'm glad you aren't in the business of public safety. Remember when nobody thought of planes being flown into buildings as a thing? The government was focused on bags of Sarin in the trashcans of malls...

Yes, I’ll state right up front I’m sounding the alarm while a police state can be averted. Like the Founding Fathers advised us to do. Before it is too late and we discover we have been in a pot of water that has been set to boil.

As to what can be done? To begin we need to understand that we are not having a crisis of mass shootings. We do not need to herd together like helpless sheep and beg the government to protect us. The government’s mandate, according to you, is to protect our individual liberties. How is that working out? Your gun control solution reminds me of George Bush’s claim that he had to destroy capitalism in order to save it. You are proposing we violate individual liberty in order to protect it. I don’t know that there’s anything that can stop a cold blooded killer from killing ahead of time. I’m sure that giving up our liberty to a government is not the answer. In other words I don’t think there is an answer to the problem.
Well said Ponca Dan.

On one side of the mouth the left is screeching about systemic racism in our law enforcement agencies while yapping about about restricting out 2nd Amendment rights to protect ourselves from problems that may arise from such behavior out of the other side. It's weird.

You’re not concerned? I thought you would advocate a national drone registry. You know, nip the possibility in the bud.
Drones were used by ISIS to drop grenades on Iraqi forces. Google didn't think of it first so davidallen probably has no interest.

Pretty scary:

Your side of the debate has proclaimed several things the government should do to eliminate the scourge of mass killings, including, but not limited to, a gun owner database, refusing gun ownership to people that are considered mentally ill, penalties for those that don’t report a lost or stolen gun within 24 hours, and others. GL has called that a “good start” implying that there would be more to come. When questioned about only one of those items on the agenda, please explain what would a database consist of, how would it work, who would have access to the information, to what degree it would be successful, your response is one of obfuscation, ridicule and responses designed to deflect. You have left it to me (people like me) to conjure the reality of what it is you want the state to do. So let’s conjure up what I see happening if you get your gun control. Then, if you can find it within yourself to present reasons why my scenario is flawed, other than name calling, maybe we can bring this argument to an end. Agreed?

So, first on your agenda is a thorough database, administered by a professional staff of nothing but well intentioned people who have been given the budget they deem necessary to carry out their mission, the latest technical equipment on the market, with updated equipment as soon as it becomes available, who have been given complete training on how to use the equipment, who, because of their flawless character (no way a-government bureaucrat could possibly have any character flaws, that’s reserved for the sweaty masses they are going to control), a law enforcement agency of size and training thought to be required for the program to succeed, with the understanding and acquiescence of a humbled public that willingly submits to every demand and dictate required of it. Crazy nut jobs would be identified and denied access to any gun. Failure to report a lost or stolen gun within 24 hours of the loss would be subject to criminal penalty. People suspected of defying any aspect of gun control would be subject to round the clock surveillance for as long as the law enforcement agency responsible for the surveillance believed was needed. Certain brands and models of guns would be outright prohibited by the state. Ownership of those guns would put a person in jail for an extended period of time. And that, according to you and David and GL and others, would constitute a “good start” to gun control and would make America a safer place to live, but under no circumstances should anyone see the potential for the emergence of a police state. Only a fruitcake like PoncaDan could see that. How am I doing? Have I got it right so far?

Here are some sticky questions. What information would be in the database? How would the information be collected? Once the information is in the database what would it be used for? Who would have access to the data? Why them? Would a citizen have access to the data that has been collected on him? If not, why not? What if the person entering the data made a typo so the information was flawed? Would the citizen know the data on him was flawed? How would he go about getting it corrected? How would it be determined a person is mentally ill? Would one of the questions on the application be “Are you mentally ill?” Or “have you ever been diagnosed with mental illness?” What if the answer is “yes” but the applicant lied and said “no?” How would the government know? What if the applicant answered “yes, but my therapist said I’m cured.” Would that make him eligible for gun ownership or not? Would the government take his word for it that he was cured, or would it insist on violating doctor/patient privilege and demand that it interview the doctor? Would the doctor come under any suspicion? Would he now need to be investigated? What if the doctor was wrong and the guy bought a gun and shot up his workplace? Would the doctor be held liable? How about the bureaucrat that cleared the shooter? Any repercussions flowing his way?

My point is you are concocting an agenda that in your head seems simple to administer. But in truth it would become a nightmarish labyrinth of nuances and exceptions and corruption of truth. With each controversy your plan would create another governmental solution that would increase the power and scope of the state. Abuse is a given. Look at the IRS and how it abuses people. Hell look at the clerks at the DMV. I am saying it is not out of the question that this might lead to a full blown police state in which the citizenry has been incrementally disarmed to the point resistance would be futile. All because in the beginning we demanded the government “do something.”
That’s a heck of a post right there

Reactions: Medic007
Ummmm you understand that drones now require registry right? A new affront to your sense of liberty I am sure: https://www.faa.gov/uas/

For such a vigilant person you are woefully out of touch.

So there IS a national registry for drones?! You must be so proud! I wonder how many people have been denied the right to own one because they were deemed mentally ill. I feel much safer knowing a bureaucracy in Wash DC is looking out for my safety in OKC. We buffoons in OKC could never look out for our own protection. I’m gratified to know that every drone that flies in and around my city has been certified safe by Uncle Sam. One less thing for me to worry about!

Reactions: Medic007
So there IS a national registry for drones?! You must be so proud! I wonder how many people have been denied the right to own one because they were deemed mentally ill. I feel much safer knowing a bureaucracy in Wash DC is looking out for my safety in OKC. We buffoons in OKC could never look out for our own protection. I’m gratified to know that every drone that flies in and around my city has been certified safe by Uncle Sam. One less thing for me to worry about!
Vigilence!!!!!!

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Laughing (at your silly ass) all the way!
Speaking of ad hominem, how did you like that Bedlam football game? I guess it's another year of living in the future for you while I live in the present and the past. Next year, amiright?

How's the basketball thing with the FBI going? Definitely sucks to lose Jeffrey Carroll.

:D

Reactions: davidallen
The only people who will register they are the law abiding. Highly doubtful those with ill intent will register them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT