ADVERTISEMENT

Ahhhh...the old Mosin Nagant...

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
[URL=http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/OSUJACK/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/C191FB2A-8A42-47E0-904A-ECED6721DDBE.jpg.html][/URL]It used to be that these came standard issue with membership in the NRA. Well...not exactly, but they were damn cheap. Most of us gun guys know them well, and most of us can say we used to see them laying around all over hell and back for pennies.

Now? Kinda not so much.

I just picked one up for $250 in cosmoline with all the "accessories", all "numbers matching" (people have differing opinions on that matter), and seems to be in good shape with a decent bore (no counter bore).

Haven't fired it yet, spent about 4 hours getting all the cosmo off. It's a Tula, and all the parts appear to be Tula as well. Why did I bring this up? Mainly because I have a feeling these are going to be going for SKS prices soon, unless the politics in the world allow for more to be shipped.

I might have to go grab another just to...have. I also have my eye on a nice M1 carbine that I recently found, but the guy wants quite a bit. The days of buying old milsurp rifles for cheap and having a little fun cleaning and identifying the history on these old guns is slowly going bye-bye. I'm still kicking myself for not buying an IBM M1 carbine with a flash hider at a recent gun show for $650...I thought it was a bad deal then...but now, not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT