ADVERTISEMENT

Adult male jeans

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
I guess myself and testosterone in general are losing the battle against jeans with fancy embroideries on the pockets? I've tried to ridicule the family and friends around me but it doesn't seem to be slowing the trend.

I can't get into the bedazzled jeans on men and women. Silver: Eddie jeans are the way to go :)

1939575_653851921317219_1895945094_n1.jpg

I guess myself and testosterone in general are losing the battle against jeans with fancy embroideries on the pockets? I've tried to ridicule the family and friends around me but it doesn't seem to be slowing the trend.
I can't speak to current Stillwater fashion, but these have been out of style for about two years now. Being douchy when something is in style is one thing, it's ten times worse to be douchy way after the trend has faded.

It's equivalent to having a bad mullet in 1990.

I see lots of Zero U douche wearing those kinds of jeans.

What's wrong with Levis and Wranglers?

501s are the only correct answer to what kind of jeans do you wear.

Boot cut Wranglers are also an acceptable response if you're trying to be a cowboy, I guess.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
If you guys are still seeing a lot of jeans like that I think it says a lot about the people and crowds you are hanging with.

Reactions: tcpoke
I haven't ever seen "A LOT". If you once did, that says a lot about the people and crowds you are/were hanging with. One pair is too many.
The thing that staggers me about these jeans is this: it was apparent from day one that they hit the scene that no self-respecting hetero male should embrace this new fashion. Even though they matched your Affliction t-shirts they still sucked out loud. Couldn't people see this? I'm talking about 30 and 40 year old men, not teenagers easily influenced. At this point in your life, you should be capable of going "you know what, my wife and her friends like those and they're popular, but they look super douchy-gay and I'm not going to partake in this particular trend". A lot of what I used to think were decent dudes fell prey and sank in my eyes. Still SMH

I never realized this was a thing for men until this thread. I must be out of touch with the times.

Reactions: tcpoke
What's wrong with Levis and Wranglers?
If you wear a good pair of jeans one time you'll never go back to Levi's or wranglers. Try a pair of Joes jeans on sometime. They aren't bedazzled or have that lame stitching. They are simple and extremely comfortable.

Gustin: selvedge and raw denim jeans, they wait to have a set number of orders before they make them. $80 to 200, made in 'Murica.

All I see from the Joe's jeans ads are skinny jeans.

I am now over 50. I might admit that I wore skinny button up Levis back in the day.

There's no chance you're getting me in a pair of skinny Joe's jeans. Especially not for $200.

All I see from the Joe's jeans ads are skinny jeans.

I am now over 50. I might admit that I wore skinny button up Levis back in the day.

There's no chance you're getting me in a pair of skinny Joe's jeans. Especially not for $200.

Damn, I can buy a "lot of stuff" at 61st/Peoria for a couple of hundies, or not.

This jeans issue is but a symptom of a greater malady. The jeans thing would've been snuffed out early if general common sense policies were enforced regarding sequins.

If the men in your family are wearing sequins then you have a responsibility to end that. Whether the sequins are on jeans or an evening gown, they're sequins. If they sparkle and they're on clothes, they're sequins. There are no exceptions to this. The first shiny pattern on jeans should've triggered a sequin-based response. If it's just stitching on the pockets, then merely withholding food, clothes and education is a less severe and apropriate response, imo.

I can get my 501s pretty much anywhere.

I'm happy in my 501s.

Why are you trying to sell me skinny jeans?

I'm out.
Are you fishing for men in this thread to admit they want to see you in skinny jeans?

That's beyond troubling.

Fashion being subjective, and realizing I'm way out of the cool kids club, my problem with jeans that cost more than $40 is that I tear the crap out of them. I can't imagine wearing a pair of jeans that cost over $100 due to the fact that they'll be destroyed in just a few months. I also can't imagine shopping at Saks Off 5th, but my wife would find that a dream come true.

Now, to reveal my hypocrisy, I've got hunting apparel that cost way more than $100. I've got stuff that cost way more than $200 (retail which I thankful I don't have to pay). So I'm hardly being critical here, except for the highly embroidered jeans pockets. That's not ok.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
As a fashionable, non douche, 34 year old male, I say go to Banana Republic and find a good pair of jeans that fit you. They don't sell bedazzled jeans, those are a horrible look. They were once popular among affliction loving city boys and have now made their way to the rural communities around Ok. People should burn those.

Bought some Levi's 514 at the outlet and I like the fit.

I have some diesel, tommy Bahama, joes and lucky that are solid too. None are the skinny crap.
I wear wrangler if I'm doing work or the 514.

Reactions: squeak
Wouldn't Wranglers be considered skinny jeans? (At least some types).

They've come a ways with their product, but some of them just look old school hillbilly.

Joes have more than skinny jeans.

If you're looking for work jeans, I'm not sure joes are the answer. If you want to look good in jeans that fit like they are supposed to, and want comfortable jeans, joes are the answer.

Good jeans that don't scream "dad body" are not some metrosexual extravagance guys. Rhinestones? no. Nicely fitted? Yes. I'm wearing some now and my ass looks amazing.

I wear Lucky; like the way they fit, although I did get pissed that they took the button fly off of the cut I like.

Any jeans without:
  • blingy, bedazzled rhinestones
  • flap on back pockets with a pearl snap
  • extremely skinny legs
are acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT