ADVERTISEMENT

About next year

Cowboy76

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
I continue to see comments by many that we need to win this year because of our schedule. Wouldn't you know if someone was going to disagree it would be me. The simple truth is when you are good enough to compete for a championship you win your road games. Examples: 2010-we were 4-0 on the road but we lost the championship with a home loss to uo. 2012-we were 4-1 and won the championship. I am sure everyone remembers the conditions of the road loss that year. 2013-we were 3-1 but once again lost the championship with a home loss to uo. Baylor, a team with the worst road record in the Big 12 for 16 years, turned it around in 2013 when they went 3-1 on the road and again in 2014 when they went 3-1 on the road.

Will we truly play a top contender on the road next year? Baylor loses 5 starters on offense, including 4 OL and 4 starters on defense including 3 of 4 DL IF no one else goes pro. Coleman might come out on offense as well as Billingsly on defense. TCU loses all world QB Boykin, their top RB, 3 of their 4 WR and 4 OL on offense. They also lose 5 on defense. ut may not be a contender but they lose several starters as well as my sleeper pick this year, W Va. Only uo will return close to as many starters as we do.

It is early but my prediction for next year's race is a two teamer between uo and OSU. Yes we have to play them there. But the trend says we beat them. Our starting QB is undefeated there.

Reactions: charlesron
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News