ADVERTISEMENT

A terrible Tragedy

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
According to multiple sources from the State of Washington and from the Mat.com. Bill Rogers, father of Chandler and Jordan Rogers, took his own life yesterday. My prayers are for him, his wife and sons in this hour of ultimate tragedy. A wonderful family and one that the entire Oklahoma State community has adopted and loved not just for the wrestling ability of the two sons but for their strong Christian faith. May he rest in Eternal peace and let Perpetual life shine upon him.

Reactions: psu00
Horrible news I found out early this morning but hesitated to post anything, just one of those events you can not explain or never understand from the outside looking in. Prayers for the Rogers family as they will certainly need them in this tragic time in their lives. God Bless the entire family.

Horrible news I found out early this morning but hesitated to post anything, just one of those events you can not explain or never understand from the outside looking in. Prayers for the Rogers family as they will certainly need them in this tragic time in their lives. God Bless the entire family.
I would love to be able to share the incredible post Jordan Rogers made today on his facebook account. You can go and read it and understand just a little how incredibly faith filled this family is and it shows a maturity beyond his young age. It is moving, it is real and it is filled with his Christian faith.I do not know if it is appropriate but I have decided to type out what Jordan wrote on facebook today.
"I would like to thank everyone who has reached out tome and my family. Your love, prayers, and support is all we can ask for in a time like this. Hearing from so many people from so many places goes to show how much of an impact my father made in other people's lives.
My father had battled depression much of his life. In my last four months with him, I saw him begin to combat
the lies of Satan. He was constantly reading his bible, sending me encouraging devotionals, and meeting with other godly men. He still had his setbacks like all of us but I could visibly see a difference in him. Satan and the evils of this world are real. At any point in our lives we can be deceived by him. My dad allowed himself to be deceived and it cost him his life. And sometimes sin can lead to death. I pray that we would all realize the power of Satan and sin so that we will cling to the one that gives us the power to defeat them. I pray that our eyes would be opened to see those around us that are hurting so we can show them the love our God has so graciously lavished upon us. I pray that we would remember my father and the wonderful life he lived so that we may learn from it and experience joy in memories.
Despite my father's final act and how it may appear as an act of hate, I know with certainty that he left the world loving everyone he knew. I know that he had the Holy Spirit in him. I know his pain is gone and he is experiencing a joy undescribable. I know that he will be watching us all from Heaven, waiting patiently for us to join him. I know that in this time of hopelessness we can find hope, because I know God loves us and is in control. To him be the glory forever and ever.

Love you all

Love you dad

Thanks for sharing the post. Incredible strength, maturity, and character shown during a horrifying event. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

The Rogers boys did not make the trip and there was talk among their teammates for everyone to stay home because it hit them all hard.

That really sucks and our prayers are with the Rogers boys. Even for those that should have the most to live for, life can sometimes be very difficult to figure out. RIP and our best to their family through this tough time.

Reactions: Orangebomber
It breaks my heart to think about the pain the Rogers must feel right now. I doubt I would have the strength to write the message Jordan was able to do. My thoughts and prayers will be with them.

According to multiple sources from the State of Washington and from the Mat.com. Bill Rogers, father of Chandler and Jordan Rogers, took his own life yesterday. My prayers are for him, his wife and sons in this hour of ultimate tragedy. A wonderful family and one that the entire Oklahoma State community has adopted and loved not just for the wrestling ability of the two sons but for their strong Christian faith. May he rest in Eternal peace and let Perpetual life shine upon him.

Prayers from Pennsylvania for the Rogers family and Oklahoma State community. Very sorry to hear this news.

My heart goes out to the Rogers family. There is grace, dignity and remarkable maturity in Jordan's facebook post. His father's life should not be defined by his final act, but rather his good works. I hope the Rogers family receives much love and support during this difficult time.

...prayers and peace to the Rogers family from our family in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania...
...we all pray for healing, but sometimes a death is actually a healing... your father will live on through your stories and your deeds...

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Rogers family in this sad time.
Just got back from the Bill Rogers funeral services in Stillwater. Jordan spoke and was as eloquent as the words he wrote on facebook. What a strong Christian family. Their family minister also gave an inspiring talk. My prayers are with the family including his wife, daughter Sydney and the two sons. The daughter's soccer team was also there as were the wrestlers and coaches and his family from the state of Washington. Bill had an identical twin brother and was one of nine children. The extended family including his twin was also there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT