ADVERTISEMENT

57, 84 and 97

Just guesses, but I would say Rogers(84), Schafer(97) and I have no guess for 57.

Is 33 still up in the air as well? I wonder how little Crutchmer has done against GWH recently.

My gut feeling is John will go with who performs better at the open tournaments more so than head to head competition.

My gut feeling is John will go with who performs better at the open tournaments more so than head to head competition.
I believe John will go with whoever performs best next week in Tulsa with exception of our true freshman as I do not believe he will want to take any of them out of redshirt at least this first semester.

Is 33 still up in the air as well? I wonder how little Crutchmer has done against GWH recently.

I'd say one tourney doesn't make the decisions, but it would be hard for me not to go with crutchmer. Garcia probably had to work harder, his bracket was a tougher go, so he may have not had peak energy, but Brian really dominated from all positions.

That said, I love Garcia. His funk upside will likely score bonus a lot. The turn he did on GWH, looks like he took his shoulder out of socket to get it.

Reactions: osu2082
Oh yeah. 133 is up in the air. How awesome would that be if both Crutchmers are in the lineup. Maybe GWH takes a redshirt and we go with Garcia and Crutchmer to start the year and reevaluate come January.

I would think that that the OCU open he wrestled unattached. Jo Jo Smith, Kaid Brock, and others wrestled as well and we know they did not burn redshirts.

The Scuffle is a great opportunity to see who can get it done against quality competition. I would imagine John would keep redshirts on until the Scuffle and see if there is any separation in skills. It would be nice to win the Grapple on the Gridiron, but you hate to blow a redshirt year for one or two meets.

I would think that that the OCU open he wrestled unattached. Jo Jo Smith, Kaid Brock, and others wrestled as well and we know they did not burn redshirts.
NYWrestler is probably referring to the actually singlet worn by GWH. I was at the tournament and I don't remember if he wore an OSU singlet or an unaffiliated singlet. I do know Brock, Piccininni, Smith, Moran, Olsen and Marsden all wore singlets not associated with OSU as "unattached" wrestlers. I know this because they were hard to recognize across the gym on the FR/SO mats. GWH wrestled on the Open mats in front of me and was not hard to find.

NYWrestler is probably referring to the actually singlet worn by GWH. I was at the tournament and I don't remember if he wore an OSU singlet or an unaffiliated singlet. I do know Brock, Piccininni, Smith, Moran, Olsen and Marsden all wore singlets not associated with OSU as "unattached" wrestlers. I know this because they were hard to recognize across the gym on the FR/SO mats. GWH wrestled on the Open mats in front of me and was not hard to find.
Does wearing the OSU singlet matter? It was an open tournament.

Who will go at these weighrs on the 14th?
I am predicting Harding, Jordan Dierenger, Ryan Blees and Austin Schafer. This could change of course if Nolan comes back and beats Rogers in Owasso. There was no indication last year that either Garcia or Crutchmer was beating Harding and the OCU open could just be an anomaly. Chance had a two match total of zero takedowns and then defaulted with an apparent hip injury. Weigel v. Schafer could be the best matchup at Owasso.

I am predicting Harding, Jordan Dierenger, Ryan Blees and Austin Schafer. This could change of course if Nolan comes back and beats Rogers in Owasso. There was no indication last year that either Garcia or Crutchmer was beating Harding and the OCU open could just be an anomaly. Chance had a two match total of zero takedowns and then defaulted with an apparent hip injury. Weigel v. Schafer could be the best matchup at Owasso.
I believe you meant Jordan Rogers.

I had always heard once you go out in competition with the team singlet on you cannot redshirt and I did see pictures on a site from this past weekend of his match with Garcia where he was wearing the black OSU singlet

http://photographsports.zenfolio.com/p611474768/h5ff21e57

This is him correct
I may be wrong but it is an open tournament and I do not believe wearing a team singlet has any bearing on the redshirt year. However, when we go to the Southern Scuffle we have to declare who is scoring the team points and this might be tantamount to declaring him out of redshirt. We did not have to do this at OCU therefore I can not see it as infringing upon a redshirt. Actually, a redshirt season is not declared until the end of the season per the rules and not at the beginning. To answer your question that is him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT