ADVERTISEMENT

4 Seaons Hotel Los Angeles.....

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
Tonight is last night for RNC event planner grandson at the 4 Seasons. He says his $962 per night room is almost to die for. Weather beats Texas where he grew up. Might not be healthy to go outside among homeless. Tomorrow it's back to DC. I almost wish AOC could be there with him. I'll bet he is glad AOC is not present.

I stayed at the Grand Wailea Maui for an ALI-ABA seminar about 25 years ago. It’s now a Waldorf property, but at the time it was owned by the Japanese. I don’t remember what the room rented for (firm footed the bill), but it currently rents for about $1,000-$1,500/night. The room was very nice, but I can’t say that it was to die for, although the complimentary soft drinks, chips, and beef jerky were a nice touch. That being said, the pools, gardens, and walkways WERE to die for. As was the Hawaiian girl who “lei-ed” me upon arrival.

I stayed at the Grand Wailea Maui for an ALI-ABA seminar about 25 years ago. It’s now a Waldorf property, but at the time it was owned by the Japanese. I don’t remember what the room rented for (firm footed the bill), but it currently rents for about $1,000-$1,500/night. The room was very nice, but I can’t say that it was to die for, although the complimentary soft drinks, chips, and beef jerky were a nice touch. That being said, the pools, gardens, and walkways WERE to die for. As was the Hawaiian girl who “lei-ed” me upon arrival.
I'm reminded of the International Market Place at Honolulu. Many who visited the sand floor bar left shoes at the door. A topless woman stood with her back to me at the bar. I waited and waited for her to turn around to face me. Finally!!! She had two butterflies strategically placed on her chest.

I visited Sears Roebuck and Co. Identical twins wore yellow bikinis with open cover-ups. Imagine seeing such at any Sears on the mainland.

I'm reminded of the International Market Place at Honolulu. Many who visited the sand floor bar left shoes at the door. A topless woman stood with her back to me at the bar. I waited and waited for her to turn around to face me. Finally!!! She had two butterflies strategically placed on her chest.

I visited Sears Roebuck and Co. Identical twins wore yellow bikinis with open cover-ups. Imagine seeing such at any Sears on the mainland.
Imagine seeing an actual Sear’s on the mainland. Or anywhere else for that matter. Our former Sear’s location is now a climate-controlled storage facility.

Imagine seeing an actual Sear’s on the mainland. Or anywhere else for that matter. Our former Sear’s location is now a climate-controlled storage facility.
What I'm always reminded of by Sears. My white mother always prepared my father a qt. jar of ice water to carry under the car seat so my father wouldn't have to deal with the WHITE ONLY & COLORED ONLY drinking fountains at Sears and Montgomery Ward. My father was red-white-black. Fort Sill had single drinking fountains when I was little. The pales, Commaches and Africans drank from the same fountain.

What I'm always reminded of by Sears. My white mother always prepared my father a qt. jar of ice water to carry under the car seat so my father wouldn't have to deal with the WHITE ONLY & COLORED ONLY drinking fountains at Sears and Montgomery Ward. My father was red-white-black. Fort Sill had single drinking fountains when I was little. The pales, Commaches and Africans drank from the same fountain.
Curious, SBI. How were the Jim Crow laws applied to Indians? When I was at OU, I knew quite a few “white people” who had enough Indian blood in them that they would have been considered “black” had they had the same proportion of African ancestry.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I went to school and had best friends in North Tulsa who were pure bloods, as I’m older than dirt.
Common last names were Payne, Butler, Taylor and Walker. In elementary school we learned and sang the “5 civilized tribe song”

Curious, SBI. How were the Jim Crow laws applied to Indians? When I was at OU, I knew quite a few “white people” who had enough Indian blood in them that they would have been considered “black” had they had the same proportion of African ancestry.
My father's appearence was American Indian. His older sister, my auntie appearence was African American. Two middle boys were white. They weren't looked down upon as much as auntie and my father. The two white uncles were looked upon with the same disdain when whites learned of their origin. Oldest uncle of 5 kids appearence was American Indian. One white uncle married black, The other 4 all married white, mostly sub-human Irish. My mother was sub-human Irish. My mother was considered sub-human because of whom she chose to marry.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT