ADVERTISEMENT

Good question. I'm assuming 141 is a tough cut for him, but might be wrong. He would probably be at 149 if he won the spot, although I would favor Mastro right now.
I saw a couple of days ago Real Woods is in the transfer portal now. I heard he focused on school work ( 23 credit hours and only decided to try for Nationals at the end of the year. I think we would be smart to try and get him for 141. You would think he could get quite a lot of financial aid for his academics ( Stanford ).

Last edited:
That’s about right. Can PSU be one of the nicer teams I can’t stand? With Iowa and PSU ahead of us a nationals, I couldn’t decide which team I wanted to lose more. At the end of the day, my heart told me to despise Iowa. A very touching story.
I despise PSU more. Covering up child rape in the athletic department. Can't imagine worse.

Reactions: tom_v31
I despise PSU more. Covering up child rape in the athletic department. Can't imagine worse.
I saw a couple of days ago I saw Real Woods is in the transfer portal now. I heard he focused on school work ( 23 credit hours and only decided to try for Nationals at the end of the year. I think we would be smart to try and get him for 141. You would think he could get quite a lot of financial aid for his academics ( Stanford ).
Surely Real wants to come wrestle for America’s most decorated wrestler.

Reactions: JAY45 and tom_v31
I’m not going to argue with you
I read my reply and That may have sounded like I didn’t agree, but on the contrary, very sound argument. I think Cael would put his own mother in an institution to win. I actually think he is a very nice guy, but I can’t help but not like him. You can guarantee he has “ZERO” qualms with with spending multi millions on an RTC. I’m a bit jealous.

I read my reply and That may have sounded like I didn’t agree, but on the contrary, very sound argument. I think Cael would put his own mother in an institution to win. I actually think he is a very nice guy, but I can’t help but not like him. You can guarantee he has “ZERO” qualms with with spending multi millions on an RTC. I’m a bit jealous.

Always easier to spend other people's money, eh? Can't hurt that he's in a conference that the NCAA appears to favor as well.

36-7 for his career with a few notable wins. He is talented kid with a decent ceiling IMO. Would be a good get for us.

10-13 team points right there. Almost have to put 4 in the finals with 2-3 other top 5 guys to lift the trophy.
Any word on Geer returning yet?

36-7 for his career with a few notable wins. He is talented kid with a decent ceiling IMO. Would be a good get for us.
I think he would be good, not great. I like Harris’s attitude and progression so much, I would want a guaranteed top three or four guy to justify the money. I don’t know what Nevilles attitude is like but he was a blue chip out of HS and I’ve never seen him come close to expectations.
Who knows, Harris could be a top four guy next year. Cowboy-bulk-job!

Reactions: pitchman11
Isn’t Harris a Greco guy amd didn’t he happen to catch a couple guys that didn’t know that with throws? If so don’t think I’d be counting on him.

Reactions: proud2bpokes
🤷🏼‍♂️
Voinovich lost in the Pittsburg Classic to Herrara who is an OU signee 6 to 4. He was better on his feet but after the 1st takedown Voinovich gave up a reversal and got rode out and turned for 2. Voinovich never took down again. He couldn't get the last takedown to tie the match. Big mistake giving up the reversal especially since his opponent was dominant when in the top position.

Voinovich lost in the Pittsburg Classic to Herrara who is an OU signee 6 to 4. He was better on his feet but after the 1st takedown Voinovich gave up a reversal and got rode out and turned for 2. Voinovich never took down again. He couldn't get the last takedown to tie the match. Big mistake giving up the reversal especially since his opponent was dominant when in the top position.
Heard some possible good news on flow today when they reported they had heard at the Olympic trials that the Stanford National Champ Griffith is down to Michigan or North Carolina as options. Penn. St. is not in it because Griffith is planning on wrestling 174 next year. They felt fairly confident about this information. Also they had not heard anything about where Real Woods is going.

I’m pretty sure he is UVU bound. So we’ll get to see him in the big 12. They are doing a good job with that program.
Yeah more than likely but situations change and he should be eligible because in wrestling I think there is a 1 time free transfer rule and one would think that Fresno st cutting the program and him having to find somewhere wouldn’t count as his free transfer but who knows with the NCAA. Probably just wishful thinking.

It was not a fluke either because the takedown I believe gave him the lead and had the leg turked and just manhandled, crushed Lee to his back and that was it.
G was the better wrestler that day, but "manhandled" is overstating things. G doesn't "manhandle" anyone. It's not his style. He's squirrelly. Elbow-off to hip-slide low single? Quad-pog leg-wing roll?

G was the better wrestler that day, but "manhandled" is overstating things. G doesn't "manhandle" anyone. It's not his style. He's squirrelly. Elbow-off to hip-slide low single? Quad-pog leg-wing roll?
I am not talking about manhandling him in the match. I am talking about when he got the takedown he had the leg turked and did manhandle Lee unto his back with great aggression and power that you don't always see with G. I don't know where that guy is anymore.

Heard some possible good news on flow today when they reported they had heard at the Olympic trials that the Stanford National Champ Griffith is down to Michigan or North Carolina as options. Penn. St. is not in it because Griffith is planning on wrestling 174 next year. They felt fairly confident about this information. Also they had not heard anything about where Real Woods is going.

Mineo is saying Max Dean may also be headed to Michigan. They already have Patrick Brucki coming in from Princeton. If Micic returns they could be tough.

And if Dean does leave Cornell, it would potentially open up a spot for Jacob Cardenas (if he can make 184). In HS, AJ said Cardenas was the only guy that could keep up with him athletically.

I am not talking about manhandling him in the match. I am talking about when he got the takedown he had the leg turked and did manhandle Lee unto his back with great aggression and power that you don't always see with G. I don't know where that guy is anymore.
Word. I misread you. Apologies.

Mineo is saying Max Dean may also be headed to Michigan. They already have Patrick Brucki coming in from Princeton. If Micic returns they could be tough.

And if Dean does leave Cornell, it would potentially open up a spot for Jacob Cardenas (if he can make 184). In HS, AJ said Cardenas was the only guy that could keep up with him athletically.
Wrassler, Flow indicated that there is the history that Chris Foca beat Dean at Last Chance at 86 and maybe Foca can't get down to 174?

Wrassler, Flow indicated that there is the history that Chris Foca beat Dean at Last Chance at 86 and maybe Foca can't get down to 174?

That's possible. Cornell will have some log jams the next few years. It will be interesting to see what they do with their lineup.

Foca is yet another guy that Plott beat at Fargo. Can add him to the list with Starocci & Keckeisen.

Austin Gomez is in the portal and looking to go 141 according to Flo
I’d wondered what happened to him. Looks like he retired due to injuries. He must be feeling better. I’m not sure we need anymore bad injury juju around the program.

I’m trying to understand. Concussions are serious business, enough to retire from a promising college career. All of a sudden, he un-retires and transfers. He had the starting spot and was looking to be a consistent all-American, on an up-incoming team. There’s something more to this.

I’m trying to understand. Concussions are serious business, enough to retire from a promising college career. All of a sudden, he un-retires and transfers. He had the starting spot and was looking to be a consistent all-American, on an up-incoming team. There’s something more to this.
Maybe he wasn’t doing enough “play” wrestling to avoid injuries. 😉

Reactions: gyppoke
🤷🏼‍♂️
History seems to indicate that college wrestlers jump levels between their 1st and 2nd years of college wrestling. We need our 1st year guys to jump that level in the next year. Our chances to win Nationals would jump a level also if this occurs for Mastro, Burks, Ferrari, Surber, Doucette and if healthy Plott could jump 2 levels. Very important development needed for our freshman in the next year.

Reactions: DPJ
History seems to indicate that college wrestlers jump levels between their 1st and 2nd years of college wrestling. We need our 1st year guys to jump that level in the next year. Our chances to win Nationals would jump a level also if this occurs for Mastro, Burks, Ferrari, Surber, Doucette and if healthy Plott could jump 2 levels. Very important development needed for our freshman in the next year.
I think in a college setting, all things equal, I think Smith develops wrestlers as good or better than anyone. All things aren’t equal though. I feel we are shooting ourself in the foot. It’s a bit frustrating watching it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT