ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Football Season

Indy

Heisman Candidate
Staff
May 29, 2001
No doubt, this will be a college football season unlike any in my lifetime for a variety of reasons. There are so many variables coming into play that it is beyond difficult to have great confidence in making prognostications for the upcoming season. Changes in campus life, off season workouts, social distractions, and the overall uncertainty of whether or not teams will get to play games are big wildcards now and going forward. For the young men in the programs that are committed at this time to playing, things are not back to normal, but they are approaching a new normal that is livable.

I must admit that normally a game between Central Arkansas and Austin Peay would not have drawn my attention for more than a couple seconds, but it was almost therapeutic to sit back and watch college football given the backdrop of the past several months. Thank God.

In the coming days, I will take a dive into some Cowboy football. I have been slow to speak out recently, fearing upsetting the apple cart of games actually going forward as currently planned.

You can never get away from QB play and change of playing calling responsibilities being the top two stories at the start of the season. Injuries, suspensions, and defections can at times draw secondary attention, like the situations with Bryce Bray and Jacob Farrell. When your star player draws national attention to your program and puts your head coach in a tough spot both in terms of perception inside and outside of the program, the subject will simply not go away quickly or quietly. There will be endless discussion about these topics, even well into the season. We will get to those, but here are a few things that draw my interest this time around:

1) Will the Cowboys be able to consistently generate a pass rush without sending the house?
2) How does the corner position look? (After losing stalwart AJ Green)
3) What changes should be anticipated defensively?
4) How are players recovering from injury, particularly headliners like Tylan Wallace and Kolby Harvell-Peel?
5) What newcomers are earning opportunities to get on the field early?

What questions are of the most interest for you to discuss?

3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News