ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Geary Invitational wrestling tournament

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Tournament starts at 10AM on Friday 1/8 and continues Saturday 1/9 wioth finals at 5PM. 23 teams are entered including last year's champion Blair Academy, NJ and runner-up Broken Arrow. Other teams include Ark City, Choctaw, Collinsville, Del City, Duncan, Edmond Memorial, Edmond North, Enid, Geary, Lawton Mac,
Midwest City, Mustang, Norman North, Piedmont, Randall, Tex, Rio Rancho, NM, Sand Springs, Stillwater, Tascosa, Tuttle, Tulsa Union and Westmoore. This is a blind draw tournament.

They definitely covering the tournament, but under events they also have one titled Geary blind draw and its on the 7th.

I heard the thing on the 7th is them talking about what kids are at what weight and a little info about each of them

I heard the thing on the 7th is them talking about what kids are at what weight and a little info about each of them
The semi-finals will start at 10am and they are live on flo. The top teams are 1. Blair 57.5, Broken Arrow 44, Choctaw 41.5, Tuttle 41.5 Sand Springs 41.5. Blair has 8 in the semis. Broken Arrow, Choctaw and Sand Springs have 4 and Tuttle has 5 in the semis. Daton Fix will wrestle Kyler Gonzalez of Rio Rancho at 132 pounds, Tyler Dieringer will wrestle Brik Filippo of Tuttle at 138.

The semi-finals will start at 10am and they are live on flo. The top teams are 1. Blair 57.5, Broken Arrow 44, Choctaw 41.5, Tuttle 41.5 Sand Springs 41.5. Blair has 8 in the semis. Broken Arrow, Choctaw and Sand Springs have 4 and Tuttle has 5 in the semis. Daton Fix will wrestle Kyler Gonzalez of Rio Rancho at 132 pounds, Tyler Dieringer will wrestle Brik Filippo of Tuttle at 138.
Dieringer has really grown! Fix is up as well, I wonder what he plans on going for states?

Some good semis coming up. Interested to see how curry and brownlee do. Wasn't brownlee 145 last year?
Finals are set for 5pm
106 Mike Colaiocco Blair v. Colt Newton Choctaw
113 Chris Cannon Blair v Wes Hardin Westmoore
120 Noah McQuigg Tuttle v. Dalton Duffield Westmoore
126 Jack Karstetter Sand Springs v.Montorie Bridges Altus
132 Daton Fix Sand Springs v. Requir Van Der Merwe Blair
138 Shane Brackup Blair v. Brik Flippo Tuttle
145 Justin Walker Collins v. Andrew Merola Blair
152 Christian Mayhue Tulsa Union v.Joseph Messer Norman North
160 Nick Mahan Lawton Mac v. Ryan Karoly Blair
170 Brandon Dallavia Blair v. Tanner Johnson Tuttle
182 Isaiah Page BA v.Christian McBroom Randall
195 Chase Singletary Blair v. Skyler Haynes BA
220 Blake Berryhill Tuttle v. Taven Birdow altus
285 Gage Johnson Norman North v. Elwood Tomlin Tulsa Union

Team standings:
1. Blair 158
2. Tuttle 103.5
3. Broken Arrow 77
4. Sand Springs 74
5. Choctaw 68.5
6. Altus 49
7. Westmoore 48.5
8. Norman North 41
9 Lawton Mac 40
10.Tulsa Union 39

Finals are set for 5pm
106 Mike Colaiocco Blair v. Colt Newton Choctaw
113 Chris Cannon Blair v Wes Hardin Westmoore
120 Noah McQuigg Tuttle v. Dalton Duffield Westmoore
126 Jack Karstetter Sand Springs v.Montorie Bridges Altus
132 Daton Fix Sand Springs v. Requir Van Der Merwe Blair
138 Shane Brackup Blair v. Brik Flippo Tuttle
145 Justin Walker Collins v. Andrew Merola Blair
152 Christian Mayhue Tulsa Union v.Joseph Messer Norman North
160 Nick Mahan Lawton Mac v. Ryan Karoly Blair
170 Brandon Dallavia Blair v. Tanner Johnson Tuttle
182 Isaiah Page BA v.Christian McBroom Randall
195 Chase Singletary Blair v. Skyler Haynes BA
220 Blake Berryhill Tuttle v. Taven Birdow altus
285 Gage Johnson Norman North v. Elwood Tomlin Tulsa Union

Team standings:
1. Blair 158
2. Tuttle 103.5
3. Broken Arrow 77
4. Sand Springs 74
5. Choctaw 68.5
6. Altus 49
7. Westmoore 48.5
8. Norman North 41
9 Lawton Mac 40
10.Tulsa Union 39
Fix wins a hard fought match against Van Der Merwe 5-3 with the only two TDs of the match.
At 106 Mike Colaiocco of Blair wins 7-1 over Newton Cole of Choctaw. Chris Cannon of Blair wins 7-1 over Wes Hardin of Westmoore at 113. Noah McQuigg of Tuttle over Dalton Duffield of Westmoore at 120 by 3-2 score.

Fix wins a hard fought match against Van Der Merwe 5-3 with the only two TDs of the match.
At 106 Mike Colaiocco of Blair wins 7-1 over Newton Cole of Choctaw. Chris Cannon of Blair wins 7-1 over Wes Hardin of Westmoore at 113. Noah McQuigg of Tuttle over Dalton Duffield of Westmoore at 120 by 3-2 score.
Brik Filippo of Tuttle has a 15-0 tf over Shane Brackup of Blair.

Thanks for the updates.
Just to put a wrapper on the tournament Blair was first with 209 points and Tuttle was 2nd with 141 followed by Choctaw with 94, BA with 93 and Sand Springs with 90.Blair had five champions and Tuttle had 3. I do not know if they had an outstanding wrestler award but my vote goes to Brik Filippo of Tuttle who had a tech fall 15-0 over Brackup of Blair in the finals.

Last edited:
The 160 pounder from Blair (Karoly) is a sophomore and defeated Dayton Garrett of Tuttle (signed with West Virginia). I hope he is on our recruiting board. Close match with Garrett, but walked through the rest of the field except his semi final match. A larger underclassmen that is that tough is pretty rare. I have no idea how much he would grow, but since he is mid sized at approximately 16 years of age signifies that he could be a 174 or 184 pounder in college.

Last edited:
The 160 pounder from Blair (Karoly) is a sophomore and defeated Dayton Garrett of Tuttle (signed with West Virginia). I hope he is on our recruiting board. Close match with Garrett, but walked through the rest of the field except his semi final match. A larger underclassmen that is that tough is pretty rare. I have no idea how much he would grow, but since he is mid sized at approximately 16 years of age signifies that he could be a 174 or 184 pounder in college.[/QUOTE
Is the plan for Keegan Moore to wrestle 184? If so, I hope Singletary is on the radar for 197 in next years class.

Tuttle's 220, Berryhill, is quietly having an impressive season. Won KC Stampede and went undefeated at The Clash. He is a senior this year.

Also, Ethan Anderson lost in the finals of the Cheesehead this weekend to Gable Stevens.

I had the opportunity to attend both days at the Geary tournament for my first ever time. I must say that is one tough ass tournament. I was anxious to see the #2 nationally ranked team Blair Academy compete. I was excited too see how dominant/slick they were, as well as expecting them to be all big and jacked for their weight. Well.. None of that was necessarily true. They don't wow you during matches, just stay in solid positions, don't make mistakes and are all mentally tough kids.

Tuttle- had a couple bad draws that affected a couple guys like Garrett and Litterell. Tuttle on the other hand will wow you with their slickness and dominance. Matt Surber has it going on over there.. If I was a college program searching for a new head man, this would be the guy I'm hunting down. Brik Flippo impressed me in the finals. Made that Blair kid look like a novice wrestler. Noah Mcquiqq was very impressive as well by defeating OU commit Dalton Duffield. Tough bracket with Blair kid, Duffield, Mccquig and garret Garrett Rowe

Had the chance to talk to a few of the Blair kids as well as the head coach. The kids were all very respectful and you can tell that team has developed a very strong bond together. I asked the coach how this tournament stacks up compared to the others ones they go too. He said it's definitely not their toughest but that it's a really tough tournament! Kept just saying that it's hard for them to match up against our okie kids because he said we cut a lot of weight and are very big for our weight classes.

Saw coach Smith both days of the tournament. Fix and his dad set next to him for quite awhile. I'd say for prob 45 min or so. I knew we were in good shape with him but that made me feel more optimistic about him eventually coming to Stillwater.

The kids that impressed me the most were
Dayton Garrett- Wvu commit
Daton Fix
Colt Newton- Freshman
Noah Mccquig- Uco commit
Blair 106
Chase Singletary (wish we could pick him up)
Norman North HWT
Paxton Rosen
Garrett Rowe- Uco Commit

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT