ADVERTISEMENT

2015 or 2016

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
Prior to the start of the season, the majority of talk on this board was that 2015 was going to be a primer for what would be our best chance to win the Big 12 and make the CFP in 2016. I disagreed in multiple threads. My feeling was that the schedule discrepancy was so significant that it would offset gains to be made due to improvement of key players (primarily MR).

Now that we are 7-0, with the meat of our schedule ahead of us, do you feel the same as you did before the season, or is 2015 our best chance to do something special?

The way I see it, next season could be a gauntlet. Playing games at BU, TCU and OU will be tough. We will also be losing some key players (as we do every year). Here is a partial list: Peterson, JW, Glidden, M Jones, Seaton, Bean, Ogbah.

On the plus side, it looks like WVU, UT and Tech could all take a step forward next season and we will get them at home. They will have a chance to knock off teams like OU, BU, TCU when they host those teams.

All in all, I think 2015 is OSU's best shot. We control our own destiny and just have to continue finding a way to win. The next step is to get out of Lubbock with an 8-0 record. Hopefully the team can be successful and keep the dream alive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News