ADVERTISEMENT

2-0 --- Game Thoughts

tlwwake

Oct 29, 2008
Spencer Sanders. I want to start here. If he doesn't have 4 INTs, win the Big 12 Championship. His floor has been much higher this year. Let's be honest... tonight was rough and it wasn't his best night but after the INT, he kept it TO-free and put guys in positions to make plays. I don't love how many hits he takes, but his running really is a game-changer. If this is his floor, we can win 10+ games this year.

Tyler Lacy. How lucky are we he came back this year? He has been dominant so far this year.

JP Richardson. Dude is nails. He has no fear and has some really reliable hands! He's becoming one of my favorite players on this team.

Trace Ford. How good is it to see him out there making plays? I can't imagine what he's been through the last 1-2 years but props to him for sticking it out. We saw flashes of the Trace Ford we saw a few years ago. He, Tyler Lacy, and Collin Oliver can truly be dominant this year. I'm excited to see TF get more and more comfortable.

WR1. I think this is the one glaring weakness of this team so far. Bray hasn't been available much in his career but when he's been out there, he's a true presence. We have missed that so far. B. Johnson's hands have been unreliable and Presley hasn't been targeted much in the pass game. We need Bray healthy asap IMO.

Defense. The back seven still appears lost at times (way too much) but our defensive line has been pretty stout. If the back can improve, we can be really good. I think Derek Mason's calls really improved the second half. We have a lot of work to do.

Jason Taylor. We have a lot of youth in the back seven but his sure tackling has been saving grace so far. I love the way he closes on the ball.

Tom Hutton. 7 punts for 307 yards (43.9 avg with a long of 52). I thought he had a really nice game. Props to hims!

Bryson Green. While we have had some guys in the receiving corps banged up, Bryson has really stepped up. 5 catches for 83 yards tonight. I've been really impressed with his sure-handedness so far this season.

2-0. We saw many upsets today and several other ranked teams struggle. It wasn't always pretty but I'm happy to be 2.0. We have an FCS school in Arkansas-Pine Bluff next week and then a BYE week before going to Waco.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News