ADVERTISEMENT

1/1024 feasible

Need to fix the huge problems in the middle schools, junior high, and high schools first. Not many kids are prepared for college, look at how bad OKC public schools have become. What do you think Detroit, Chicago, and NYC is like. Again, a program that is not going to address the biggest educational issue in this country.

This will further the divide the haves and have nots in the sense the minority population in the large cities will still not get a decent high school diploma. To fix this you need to also fix families. Better off to bring back technical trades to the junior high and high school level and guarantee you have a skill that guarantees you a job literally anywhere.

We are 6 million short in skilled labor in this country and growing, we have no way to rebuild our aging infrastructure.

Just trying to buy votes and not solve one problem.

Many college grads can not use a ruler, what can you build not knowing how to use a ruler?

Trying to be the female Bernie imo. And the super rich will pay for it! Yay!
Pisses me off. My wife and I saved to help our kids get a college education.

Need to fix the huge problems in the middle schools, junior high, and high schools first. Not many kids are prepared for college, look at how bad OKC public schools have become. What do you think Detroit, Chicago, and NYC is like. Again, a program that is not going to address the biggest educational issue in this country.

This will further the divide the haves and have nots in the sense the minority population in the large cities will still not get a decent high school diploma. To fix this you need to also fix families. Better off to bring back technical trades to the junior high and high school level and guarantee you have a skill that guarantees you a job literally anywhere.

We are 6 million short in skilled labor in this country and growing, we have no way to rebuild our aging infrastructure.

Just trying to buy votes and not solve one problem.

Many college grads can not use a ruler, what can you build not knowing how to use a ruler?
Yep. Teach them a trade. They'll name their own price.

Reactions: OKSTATE1
An open letter to Liz. In 2008, I spent $600 at Genelex Labs in Seattle for ethnicity DNA testing. That's the lab Oprah Winfrey and a number of other celebrities used. I thought it might be a good idea to have proof in case someone questioned me when I shoot my mouth off. I'm a tri-racial isolate. Condaleezza Rice and I share the same DNA admix but in different proportions.

You could have done what I did. You make much more money than I.

WEEEEE!!!! Everything is going to be FREEE!!!

And the winner of the dims nomination will be who can out WEEEE with the FREEE shit for all the dumb bastards playing games in mommy's basement, "while the world turns".

Reactions: Medic007
Think those of us that just tightened up and paid for college for ourselves and kids could sue to be compensated just like those that took out student loans? This is Bull Shit. I couldn't really afford college for my kids. But I did - somehow.
Same here. Stressed over getting them through, but it all worked out.

Sure thing dumbass, lets reward people who go to expensive private/exclusive schools to pursue cutting edge degrees in such subjects as "Liberal Arts" or "African American Studies," where employment is of instant assurance upon graduation.

Okstate1, you are spot on with fixing the schools and giving the kiddos an opportunity to pursue a trade. Attempting to train everyone for a path to college is a huge mistake and many kids learning a trade, while working as an apprentice to get certified is a great idea. It would thin out the classrooms for kids that believe they are on a college path and devote more resources to kids that need the assistance in core subjects/skills.

Warren the ultimate congressional whore, lied about her heritage for advantage and wants to use my tax dollars to her advantage. Another politician not even fit for the compost pile.

Sure thing dumbass, lets reward people who go to expensive private/exclusive schools to pursue cutting edge degrees in such subjects as "Liberal Arts" or "African American Studies," where employment is of instant assurance upon graduation.

Okstate1, you are spot on with fixing the schools and giving the kiddos an opportunity to pursue a trade. Attempting to train everyone for a path to college is a huge mistake and many kids learning a trade, while working as an apprentice to get certified is a great idea. It would thin out the classrooms for kids that believe they are on a college path and devote more resources to kids that need the assistance in core subjects/skills.

Warren the ultimate congressional whore, lied about her heritage for advantage and wants to use my tax dollars to her advantage. Another politician not even fit for the compost pile.
Welders, who need no college educations, can make much more than many college graduates initially and throughout their lifetimes. Get training as a diver and they can make double and they don't have those insurmountable loans to pay on forever.

Welders, who need no college educations, can make much more than many college graduates initially and throughout their lifetimes. Get training as a diver and they can make double and they don't have those insurmountable loans to pay on forever.
"There are never any protests at trade schools".
Mike Rowe.

We need to get women involved in this because there is obviously a glass ceiling preventing them from thriving in this field.

Oh wait, that only works for management, ceos and boards of directors. Men can keep the jobs monopoly on things that kill you.

I have a son in law who welds and makes over $200K a year. Dims look down on labor (part of it toxic masculinity and snobbery), skilled laborers and technicians can make a great living. Learn to be a carpenter and you can work literally anywhere in the world. Get a skill first, then go back and get a degree if you want one so if you can not get a job you can pay-off your student loan debt. So many of the skilled trades pay better than many of the worthless degrees and cost far less to get.

We need to get women involved in this because there is obviously a glass ceiling preventing them from thriving in this field.

Oh wait, that only works for management, ceos and boards of directors. Men can keep the jobs monopoly on things that kill you.
Silly women. Don't they know they can't weld glass above their heads?

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I have a son in law who welds and makes over $200K a year. Dims look down on labor (part of it toxic masculinity and snobbery), skilled laborers and technicians can make a great living. Learn to be a carpenter and you can work literally anywhere in the world. Get a skill first, then go back and get a degree so if you can not get a job you can pay-off your student loan debt. So many of the skilled trades pay better than many of the worthless degrees and cost far less to get.
I know a woman who only wanted to marry a white collar worker. She ended up with an A/C repairman/electrician business owner. Her standard of living went up significantly.

I've known several plumbing company owners that each were millionaires several times over.
One guy I knew retired at 50 with 5 mil in the bank.
It happens.

Reactions: imprimis
There are many blue collar business owner's who are quite wealthy. Some of them are in lawn care.

That's where the democrats envious assault on the rich mantra falls apart.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
One of the richest people I know just has a high school diploma. He opened a collision repair and paint shop and now has one of the largest houses in town. He’s worked his butt off in a blue collar job and is very well respected. And just good people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT