ADVERTISEMENT

Zero turn mowers

Pokes15

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
What do you weekend warriors use? I'm going from 1/5 of an acre to 5 acres and need a serious mower.

I've looked at a Ferris, John Deere, Toro and Hustler so far, but haven't driven one. 54" and 60" decks. Property is pretty flat, so no steep hills or holes or anything.

I have a Toro and I like it OK. I’ve had it about 5 years and it’s been reliable. My dad has a comparable John Deere and having used both I prefer the JD.

Grasshopper. Scag has that OSU orange. Grasshopper prob the most heavy duty

many years ago I used to rent a scag mower from a place in Edmond. I went in there one day and they no longer rented them. It was a great mower and would attack anything 4 foot tall or less. They never checked the blades when I brought it back! Anyway, when I asked them why they quit renting them they said too much maintenance and couldn't make any money. Now maybe in a softer environment they do better and I guarantee those mowers were abused worse than a rent car. Not sure a jd would have held up any better.

Also have a scag, love it so far but only 8 hours on it.

Scag or Gravely commercial. Make sure you change the transmission oil annually. Steering transmissions are very expensive to replace on zero turns!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT