ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Elam

Nice find. Zach would be a good signing, athletic with a lot of upside.

Never been to that website. Saw a blog on Zane Coleman that has us on his shortlist.

Besides Zach Elam, I think we might also have a chance to sign another wrestler. Not trying to be a jerk, but unfortunately I can't say who since I don't think anything has been made public. He is ranked though. We'll know in a week anyway and if we don't end up signing him, I'll say who I thought it was then.

Again, I'm not an insider, just someone who watches and reads about wrestling.

Reactions: oscowboys and JAY45
Besides Zach Elam, I think we might also have a chance to sign another wrestler. Not trying to be a jerk, but unfortunately I can't say who since I don't think anything has been made public. He is ranked though. We'll know in a week anyway and if we don't end up signing him, I'll say who I thought it was then.

Wrestlers are a lot like pecan pies-can never have enough pecan pies, and never enough wrestlers. :)

Reactions: JAY45
not trying to be a jerk, i'd rather folks who drop teasers but cant say names to just keep those nuggets to themselves.

I fully support your post and sometimes you hear something that may or not work out but are afraid to post details and have a negative bearing on the subject. Keep those posts coming as we need all of the wrestlers and good news we can get.

people need to understand that sometimes you hear something that if you repeat, everything changes. Then you aren't welcome places any more, and people aren't friendly. Best not to tell stories out of school!

Reactions: osu2082 and JAY45

Wrassler, does the most recent recruiting news cover this post? Also, is there need for Elam now? Can he make 197?

Also, is there need for Elam now? Can he make 197?
I think it could be possible. He weighed 205 & 207 at a couple of events this summer while wrestling in the 220 class. As a D1 TE prospect, I would think he was trying to add as much weight as possible for the fall.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
Wrassler, does the most recent recruiting news cover this post? Also, is there need for Elam now? Can he make 197?

No, I was referring to someone else (no more on that yet, still hoping).

I mentioned Daniel Kerkvliet in another thread as someone we should go after (along with Aaron Brooks), but I wasn't expecting anything to be announced so soon. Just goes to show that our staff is working hard!

Elam is announcing on Wednesday on a Missouri site. I also think he's a 197 in college. Just guessing, but I think Missouri might be the front-runner with him.

I mentioned Daniel Kerkvliet in another thread as someone we should go after (along with Aaron Brooks), but I wasn't expecting anything to be announced so soon. Just goes to show that our staff is working hard!

Elam is announcing on Wednesday on a Missouri site. I also think he's a 197 in college. Just guessing, but I think Missouri might be the front-runner with him.
Missouri it is.

I'm guessing Wittlake is who you were referring to?

Don't think it is going to happen. I think he is projected at 149, where we are loaded for a few years. Plus, with Wittlake, the money might be all gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT