ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube TV

nathajw

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2007
DFW
Tell me why I should and shouldn't buy this for 35 bucks a month. I live in DFW area and Frontier is the provider in my area. They're solid but I pay about 160 a month for pretty much everything and good internet. YouTube TV has all the channels I'd want plus offers HBO for a bit extra.

Any of you tech guys wanna chime in? All you have to have is a device and a ChromeCast for every TV right? One YouTube TV scrip is good for 3 accounts and uimited cloud DVR. I can watch cable and my DVR anywhere on my computer. What are my negatives? Frontier doesn't have wireless boxes which pisses me off too.

Last edited:
You want PlayStation Vue instead :p. I've had it for about a year now and love it! Channel qualities are great, wife loves the 28-day saves, and I have everything they offer for 85 a month. More than YouTube, but it's way cheaper than my old cable.

Big fan of YT TV - cutting the cord in the new year once I get GigE to the house. Comcast bill is $245 a month. Total spend in the new world will be half that with Netflix, Hulu, YT TV, and GigE...

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Big fan of YT TV - cutting the cord in the new year once I get GigE to the house. Comcast bill is $245 a month. Total spend in the new world will be half that with Netflix, Hulu, YT TV, and GigE...

Do you get as good of picture quality streaming youtube TV or Vue as you would cable from a fiber optic provider?

Why $245? Did you have phone and a lot of TV add ons? Interested in your thoughts once you make the switch. DirectTV (and others) are suddenly offering loyalty discounts which I suspect was prompted by the additional options coming on board for the consumer.

Why $245? Did you have phone and a lot of TV add ons? Interested in your thoughts once you make the switch. DirectTV (and others) are suddenly offering loyalty discounts which I suspect was prompted by the additional options coming on board for the consumer.
Too much... security, phone, and every option on cable.

Internet has been spotty lately and I don’t have the patience to navigate the support script to actually get a truck rolling to fix it at the pole.

Too much... security, phone, and every option on cable.

Internet has been spotty lately and I don’t have the patience to navigate the support script to actually get a truck rolling to fix it at the pole.
Got it. YouTube TV seems like a step in the right direction.

I get my internet and cable from one source, Suddenlink in Stillwater, would like to dump cable TV.

My question is do I keep the cable internet or is there a better option?

Last edited:
I get my internet and cable from one source, Suddenlink in Stillwater, would like to dump cable TV.

My question is do I keep the cable internet or is there a better option?
Your situation sounds similar to mine, only I have Cox here in Kansas. You probably would have to dump everything with Suddenlink except the internet.

We pay $245 a month for internet and cable. Outrageous. I'm really interested in this YouTube tv. May try a trial run since there's s no subscription policy and see what I think before changing. The biggest obstacle is weaning my wife from HGTV, DIY and Food networks.

YouTube will probably continue to pick up channels. But content owners like Time Warner are a pain in the ass to negotiate with...

YouTube will probably continue to pick up channels. But content owners like Time Warner are a pain in the ass to negotiate with...
This is one of the drawbacks I'm afraid of. it seems every year satellite users get a message about the possibility of losing some stations.

I saw "Fox Sports" listed in the YouTube TV lineup. Any idea if that covers FS OK for thunder games and OSU sports? It seems like these types of subtle yet significant details are hard to determine when casually glancing at these cord cutting lineups.

I will be doing some cord cutting service in the New Year. Looking at DirecTv Now currently, combined with Amazon Prime, Netflix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT