ADVERTISEMENT

Younger child comparing themselves to older sibling???

You don’t. You simply try to reinforce the ideas of individualism and having different strengths and weaknesses as often as possible.

12 yr old comparing her ACT score to her brother's score. Not exactly the same thing.

12 yr old comparing her ACT score to her brother's score. Not exactly the same thing.

I think it still holds true. Test taking is not a sign of intelligence as has been proven over and over again.

My reply was more to Harry than yours.

I agree with the idea of instilling the individual excellence, but ACT tests are something everyone uses for college acceptance. So comparisons are going to happen.

I just wish there was some way to make her feel better about how well she did. But she is always going to know what her brother did.

Reactions: tcpoke
My reply was more to Harry than yours.

I agree with the idea of instilling the individual excellence, but ACT tests are something everyone uses for college acceptance. So comparisons are going to happen.

I just wish there was some way to make her feel better about how well she did. But she is always going to know what her brother did.
Tell her the truth: it’s impossible for a girl to do as well as a man.

Still trying to figure out the intention and end game here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT