ADVERTISEMENT

You are the OC……

bigpoke24

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
What would you do?

I know I’m an armchair OC but somebody tell me why this stuff wouldn’t work?

First, I’d run 4-5 wide most of the time. Not necessarily full on air raid. I realize that defenses have caught on with how to scheme that. But in our case the Cowboy back is worthless so you might as well have another WR out there.

Id space the oline out a bit like the old Missouri oline did. We looked like crap run blocking last night but we were decent in pass protect. So adopt it as the strength of this oline.

Id get the Rb’s to the outside with sweeps, pitches, screens, and horizontal passes to them. Know your freakin rbs. LD should not be running up the middle. Get him to the outside. He has speed use it. Warren and Dez can do more running up the middle but mix that crap up. And let’s see what Richardson can do. I have a feeling he can do both. But know what they can and can’t do. LD can’t find a hole running up the middle so stop setting him up for failure. That screen pass that Warren got tackled on and could t get the first down…….that should have been LD. Just a total misuse of our talent.

I’d put Presley in motion almost every play and make the defenses be accountable to him. I’d give it to him some and other times is it as a decoy. I’d put him in the backfield some and I’d even put him in the wildcat some. I’d run some reverses with him and some double reverses with Braydon Johnson. And I’d keep the tempo moving.

By running 4-5 wide we would actually use our WR talent instead of watching guys wait their turn and throwing the ball to the same 3-4 guys all the time. Why do we limp into the end of the season game against ou…….because we burn our guys out and don’t sub enough on offense and use our talent. We had Tay last season and could have used him with Tylan, Stoner, and company but instead we decided to throw it to the same guys over and over and never allowed our other talent to show itself. I know they said Tay was out of shape but I think that only holds water for the first few games of the season at most. He was ready to play we just didn’t scheme to get him the ball. Same with BP.

Heck, to give BP a break I’d even run some of our current sets with the Cowboy back just to mix it up some. But here is a freakin idea, let’s actually come up with plays to pass to the tight end.

I don’t know guys to me it’s seems like OSU has got to do a better job at looking at what they have and figuring out a way to use it. Will this stuff always work? Nope, but what we are currently doing certainly isn’t working. Will we turn the ball over some? Yep, but we are doing that anyway as well.

As was said, I’m sick of OSU coaches not using our talent. Jaden Bray needs to be freakin playing and given a chance. Look what he did last night, but he wouldn’t have been given that shot had Langston not got hurt pregame. Unreal.

What’s the definition of insanity? Oh it’s our offense. Freakin change it up for cripes sakes because it isn’t working.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News