ADVERTISEMENT

Yet Another Reason to Oppose Hillary...

What am I missing here? I'm no Hillary fan, but the lobbyists in this country have completely screwed the political system. Corporations don't even have voting rights yet they have more influence than any voter since they have lobbyist setting up camp in Washington. Hell I have read where some corporations are hiring the relatives of politicians. Who knows maybe this is the evolution of the political system and we will all be better off being corporately owned rather than just relying on politicians who only look to serve their own self interests.

What am I missing here? I'm no Hillary fan, but the lobbyists in this country have completely screwed the political system. Corporations don't even have voting rights yet they have more influence than any voter since they have lobbyist setting up camp in Washington. Hell I have read where some corporations are hiring the relatives of politicians. Who knows maybe this is the evolution of the political system and we will all be better off being corporately owned rather than just relying on politicians who only look to serve their own self interests.

You could say pretty much the same thing about unions.

I agree. The last thing this country needed was corporations and unions having more control over the government than they already had. I guess the upside is that now since it's legal to buy Congress you can look and see who owns your particular representatives.

Reactions: NZ Poke
I don't like Hillary, and I'm all for freedom of speech......but considering our revolving door of government, corporations spending unlimited amounts of money endorsing political candidates (through Super Pacs) seems like the worst idea ever.

Politicians are notoriously corrupt......does anyone honestly think they can resist 'paying back' multi-national corporations who help get them elected?

For decades Democrats had an exclusive on super packs they were called Unions. Now that the playing field is level they are screaming foul. It's called being a hypocrite.

Citizens United is about freedom. The freedom of private companies and individuals to spend their money how they want.

For decades Democrats had an exclusive on super packs they were called Unions. Now that the playing field is level they are screaming foul. It's called being a hypocrite.

Citizens United is about freedom. The freedom of private companies and individuals to spend their money how they want.

There is definitely hypocrisy from the Democrats on this.

But taking away the D vs R / Red Team vs Blue Team aspect...........are you comfortable with politicians answering first to wealthy individuals and corporations?

Perhaps there is a case to be made for this. (IE 'most people are fat and stupid......successful people and businesses are successful for a reason')

If you want a government that is accountable to the people this is not the way to do it. If you want a government that is accountable only to the wealthy and special interests, this is exactly the way to do it.

The British system doesn't allow TV commercials for candidates. The politicians would never go for that here.

It's called Freedom of Speech. Democrats are merely pissed that the playing field was leveled. An amendment to the Constitution is the only way it should be changed. McCain Feingold clearly violated the First Amendment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT