ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, so that sucked.

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
Bedlam was a total disaster. There was very little positive about that game,, but I did see a few things worth mentioning. But that is not what I want to discuss.

When all of us saw the schedule, we knew that the first 5 conference games were going to be daunting. Most of us predicted we would go 1-4, and said we would be happy with 2-3. Well, we went 2-3. The Big 12 is a bear this season, and we now have the toughest part of our schedule behind us. There will be plenty of other tough games, but the same holds true for every Big 12 team.

If you just focus on Bedlam, it would seem that we have no chance to finish with 8 (or more) conference wins. But, this team has played much better at home, and actually played better at ISU than KU did.

What this team really needs is for another player (other than Forte or Nash) to take a big step forward, and for 3-4 guys to continue to improve as the season goes on. I saw some progress from Griffin, Solomon, and Allen last night. I saw a bigger improvement from Hammonds and Shine. The next 4 games is less daunting. Hopefully some of these guys will continue to improve and give the team a chance to make some noise.

This post was edited on 1/18 12:15 PM by Been Jammin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News