ADVERTISEMENT

WV Dual

For those of you who want to see Joe Smith in his first dual in an OSU singlet.....WV is streaming the dual live for free @ wvusports.com

From another thread. Also I think the match time for Sunday has changed.

So far:
Klimara wins 6-0. TDs in first and second, escape to start second and rides the whole third.

GWH wins by injury default, but was up 12-0 I believe at the time.

Heil wins 17-2 TF with the RT.

Collica v Moore
Collica with TD
Escape Moore
TD collica

Collica starts second down
Quick escape and TD
Cuts Moore 7-2
TD Collica and escape
9-3
Collica TD with reshot and another
Missed one
15-5

TD ac 17-5
Escape 17-6
TD 19-6 escape 19-7
TD 21-7
Escape and TD for TF 23-8.

Last edited:
Smith v Cottrell
TD cottrell after a scramble off smith shot 0-2
Escape 1-2
TD smith 3-2
End of first

Smith starts down
Reverse and 4 NF 9-2
Escape 9-3

Cottrell down for third
Escape 9-4
Stall warning on cottrell
Late TD 11-4.

They have score 21-0, but pretty sure it's 22-0. They only gave Heil 4.

Last edited:
I understand it's not the stiffest competition, but we're looking pretty sharp tonight. Lots of TDs at the end of periods, which I love to see.

Never mind 21-0 is right, the announcers were saying it was only four because of no NF and I thought it was scored that way.

i think smith may have tweaked a knee during one of those scrambles. showed a little grimace after match and a small limp. hope nothing serious or hope i'm just seeing things

Ad v Flynn
TD ad 2-0
4 NF 6-0
4 NF and escape 10-1
TD ad 12-1
4 NF 16-1 TF 21 seconds left in first!

Never mind 21-0 is right, the announcers were saying it was only four because of no NF and I thought it was scored that way.

Don't need NF for 5 point tech. Also I thought Smith would have riding time for a major, but don't think the ever showed the clock.

Crutchmer v renzi
TD KC and escape
2-1
Warning on renzi
Another stall
3-1
TD kc 5-1.
Escape 5-2
End of first

Renzi down
Stall warning on Kc.
Escape 5-3

Crutchmer starting third down
Escape 6-3
TD kc 8-3
Escape 8-4
Stall on renzi and TD kc
11-4

Last edited:
TF is 4 if you don't have back points. 5 if you do. Rule changes a few years ago.

What happened at 149?

Boyd v Scheffel
TD S
Rev boyd 2-2

I think boys with escspe and TD in second
5-2

Boyd rode rest of second, rode most of third, picked up a stall point and gave up escape
Boyd TD
10-4, missed a TD and escape 11-4 with rt

Last edited:
Boyd looks great too. Not sure if we're hitting our stride or WV is just wrestling really poorly.

Weigel v smith
0-0 after 1
Smith escape in second 0-1
Weigel starts third down escapes
1-1 Weigel has 1:20 rt
Stall on Weigel 1-2
2-2 with rt going to SV
TD smith

So i need to understand the whole fleeing the mat vs stalling. Weigal gets hit with stalling while fighting in the middle of the mat. While in Marsden match during his first take down attempt the WVU guy was clearly trying to get off the mat with no warning. What is the difference?

So i need to understand the whole fleeing the mat vs stalling. Weigal gets hit with stalling while fighting in the middle of the mat. While in Marsden match during his first take down attempt the WVU guy was clearly trying to get off the mat with no warning. What is the difference?
the new stalling rules can be vague and inconsistent.

The second stalling on Weigel was BS, ref felt bad for WVU. Everyone is looking great, we should have 2 champs at 141 and 165.

I though Harding was out for the season....?

I hope Moore isn't hurt too bad.

this year a TF is 5 no matter how you get it.
We had 29 takedowns to their 2. Jake Smith is the only wrestler this year who made Preston Weigel look like the 97 pound weakling. Weigel wrestled a great match however and if he only had offense Smith was very tired in overtime. All in all a great outing and we look in end of season form but I still do not think John has them peaked just yet. We also had 8 near falls most of which were four pointers. Oklahoma wrestles at West Virginia Sunday. I never saw anyone in the stands at West Virginia. It looked like wrestlers, officials, coaches and announcers to me.

Nice matches by EVERY Cowboy. Weigel nearly rides out the period. CLose to the win. Marsden looked sharp. Eddie pounded Zeke as he should. Nice surprise at 133. Have they faced each other before? odd that Joe gave up their first takedown. On to Pitt.

NOT SURE IF WEIGEL SHOOT 1 SHOT THE WHOLE MATCH. MY COMPUTER WAS A LITTLE SLOW SO I MAY HAVE MISSED IT. IF HE CAN DEVELOP ONE SHOT HE CAN HELP US BIG TIME

125: Eddie Klimara (OKST) over Zeke Moisey (Dec 6-0)

133: Gary Wayne Harding (OKST) over Keegan Moore (Inj. 4:23)

141: Dean Heil (OKST) over Anthony DeAngelo (TF 17-2 7:00)

149: Anthony Collica (OKST) over Zachary Moore (TF 24-8 6:35)

157: Joseph Smith (OKST) over Dylan Cottrell (Dec 11-4)

165: Alex Dieringer (OKST) over Connor Flynn (TF 17-1 2:39)

174: Kyle Crutchmer (OKST) over Ross Renzi (MD 12-4)

184: Nolan Boyd (OKST) over Jakob `Bubba` Scheffel (Dec 11-4)

197: Jacob A. Smith (WVU) over Preston Weigel (OKST) (SV-1 4-2)

285: Austin Marsden (OKST) over Anthony Vizcarrondo (MD 8-0)

Last edited:
yes Weigel did offer a shot in the 3rd period. But you just knew that stall point was coming. Had he not given up the stall at the end of 1st period he would have had one to give and gotten the win.

Very good showing for our Pokes. The GWH outing was a great win over a quality opponent, but that might have a little to do with young Moore's injury. GWH has been battling injuries as well. He seems to have a lot of upside as he appeared to me to be a very small 133 pounder last year and might be growing into the weight. I think 133 is a pretty tough weight to get on the podium this year. The top of the weight is very good with Brewer, Clark, and Garrett. I could be wrong on the rest of the podium, but the top is tough.

Weigel has no offense and if you only take 1 shot in a 7 minute match you should have more than 2 stalling calls. Hopefully we will see Marsden tomorrow at 197 if for no other reason he is entertaining to watch.

Reactions: OSUFanAl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT