ADVERTISEMENT

Working From Home

Cowpoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Any good stories yet? Tips?

Things you've ran into you didn't expect?

Any Dean the Stream moments yet?

I WFH'ed 90% of the time 10 years ago at my last job, so its not that unusual for me. But I've still been really surprised at how fast the days have been going. 2 weeks now past in a flash. Surprised at how bad I am at getting back on the work PC at 10 pm to do something I forgot about during the work day, then 3 hours later I'm still working. I'm a night owl so my brain is fully awake at 10 pm, and end up getting a ton done.... but still, I have been failing miserably at keeping my work time out of my me time.

Whole lotta this.

Last edited:
How is your setup? Still tweaking mine, never been a big WFH guy.

I have a 40 inch 4k monitor (I'm betting a cheap 40 inch 4k tv would work just as well, I got this off some refurbished deal of the day thing for about 70% off). I really prefer it over the dual monitor settup I had at work.

I'm in IT and and have to be able to WFH whenever called out so I was already set up. Computer desk, office chair, HDMI dock to connect my firestick, home laptop, and work laptop to the monitor. I do wish I had a universal dock of some sort so I dont have to plug my mouse, keyboard and headset back and forth between my home and work laptops.

Reactions: davidallen
Still essential at the facility, but was home for a day (so far). Having an ultra wide gives me, more or less, two independent workspaces on one monitor. Have another 27" 2k that functions as my main workspace. Works well for what I do.

I have 2 24 inch monitors , and brought my docking station home with me so I have my laptop up for a 3rd monitor.

One thing I miss is my chair, if this goes much longer I'm going to have to buy a new one.

I have 2 24 inch monitors , and brought my docking station home with me so I have my laptop up for a 3rd monitor.

One thing I miss is my chair, if this goes much longer I'm going to have to buy a new one.

This. My at work chair is a run of the mill, boring., fabric office chair. My home is a nice looking, comfortable, padded all around leather office chair.

I want my ugly assed office chair back. This one at home is great for about 2 hours, then my back is hurting and my ass is sweating

Ha, just bought a new office chair for home.

Being real... I think I'm getting a case of the depressions. Stuck inside, work pilling up, crappy weather, I hate working at home. This sucks. All I want to do is sleep all damn day.

Used to work from home when I was at the pcaob. I love it. I started out with the multiple monitors but over time just trained myself to work from only the laptop.

I take breaks often for laundry, dishes, pool work, push-ups/planks/squats. 5:30 is cocktail and cook time with the wifey or shoot baskets with the kids or golf cart ride with the daughter.

Have I mentioned how much I love working from home?

Best advice is to set boundaries with your family. And don’t work after hours if you don’t have to, jeez. Enjoy your freaking life.

Used to work from home when I was at the pcaob. I love it. I started out with the multiple monitors but over time just trained myself to work from only the laptop.

I take breaks often for laundry, dishes, pool work, push-ups/planks/squats. 5:30 is cocktail and cook time with the wifey or shoot baskets with the kids or golf cart ride with the daughter.

Best advice is to set boundaries with your family. And don’t work after hours if you don’t have to, jeez. Enjoy your freaking life.
Damn, I am truly amateur... you got this nailed!

I recommend this office chair:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...ssionid=0000vXADi-_Zx7OU6Yc-pYD9ChO:17h4h7ceo

It’s not a Herman Miller, but it also costs a fraction of a Herman Miller.

Very satisfied given the price.

I second this mesh style of chair. There are a few around the office and they're really comfy. I'm getting one when I buy my next chair.

So I'm working 10-2 at the office and then just am available the rest of the time. I've been building a chicken coop since I'm not at work. Best way to spend $1000 to save $50 is to get chickens.

I put a curl bar and pull up bar in my home office. Between those two things and doing pushups/squats, you'd be amazed at the burn you can get in while sitting in on some bullshit conference call or when you just need to get up and stretch your legs. You can pretty much hit any muscle really good with those two things and your floor.

Yeh. My chair at the house sucks.

The beer in the fridge is also a lot closer to me when at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT