ADVERTISEMENT

"Wish __________ could have played for Underwood."

Orange Jennyslipper

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2005
I was going to start a list of players we have had over the past ten years whose name would complete that sentence (and yes, that's players for Travis and Sean). The list has to start with every warm body we ever had who was more than 6-7, imo.

But the more I think about it, who did we have who WOULDN'T have benefited from some actual coaching and coherent offensive and defensive schemes?

I believe that as we watch this team play, all our minds are going to drift back to our own personal favorite players who never seemed to reach the potential they showed as freshmen and we'll wish they had had a better coach here.

Imagine, for example, if Underwood had had a shot at straightening out Stevie Clark. I'll admit he might have been gone even sooner with HCBU, or maybe never been here at all.

Another scrappy player I was sorry to lose was Roger Franklin. Few played with more desire than him. He was a gamer. IIRC, there was a health issue with a family member back in the Metroplex, but maybe he would stayed if he had been getting better coaching. Idk.

Currently, for me, I'm excited to see Shine get a chance to play for Underwood. He's been a favorite of mine for two years and while he doubled his minutes as a sophomore, his points per minute didn't improve much. He often seemed hesitant and unsure of his place in the flow of the offense because there was no flow, just mindless sprinting from sideline to sideline.

Who do you guys wish were still here just to see how good coaching might have changed their careers?

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News