ADVERTISEMENT

Wireless Router recs/info needed and appreciated.

Dally1up

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
I guess I have let technology get beyond me in my old age. I currently have a simple Netgear wireless router (300 mbps I believe). Normally use it for home office (mac and a laptop) and of course a couple of phones/ipad for data in the house.

Recently internet speeds go down from 10-20kbps to 1-2kbps in other rooms of the house on a device. Note: mac speed sitting next to router is normal.

My guess is the router is bad?

We are now utilizing wireless for firestick, netflix, etc besides what is listed above.

What direction should I go without overspending? Do I need dual-band router? Out in the country with line of sight/radio type internet 10-20kbps.

I guess I have let technology get beyond me in my old age. I currently have a simple Netgear wireless router (300 mbps I believe). Normally use it for home office (mac and a laptop) and of course a couple of phones/ipad for data in the house.

Recently internet speeds go down from 10-20kbps to 1-2kbps in other rooms of the house on a device. Note: mac speed sitting next to router is normal.

My guess is the router is bad?

We are now utilizing wireless for firestick, netflix, etc besides what is listed above.

What direction should I go without overspending? Do I need dual-band router? Out in the country with line of sight/radio type internet 10-20kbps.
https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/home-wifi-router-help.76978/#post-1333037

This was a thread awhile back.

Thanks, found a thread over on TMB as well. Everything I read on Orbi is fantastic.

I have set up Orbi at my and my uncles house and it's super easy to set up and works great.

I switched from a Netgear Nighthawk to an Orbi and speeds improved by 10 - 20x depending on where I am in my house.

Reactions: OSUIvan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT