ADVERTISEMENT

Wine question

BluegrassPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
Frisco, TX
I am not a wine drinker. This weekend I am going to BYOB Pinot Noir wine tasting. Any favs of your wives or significant other?

I'm not a wine drinker but my wife is. Some of her favorites are AtoZ , Kenwood, Poppy... there are more that I don't know by name but know what the label looks like and that's how I buy it lol.

Reactions: JohnVoight
I'm not a wine drinker but my wife is. Some of her favorites are AtoZ , Kenwood, Poppy... there are more that I don't know by name but know what the label looks like and that's how I buy it lol.

AtoZ is a good Oregon Pinot. Or you could splurge and get a Russian River Valley pinot to impress your Aggie friends.

Couple of New Zealand's that s/b under 20: Crater's Rim and Kim Crawford.

Over 20: 32 Winds - Maestro (60ish)

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
How much you willing to spend? $30 range you can get Walt Pinot. That is the Pinot label for Hall wines, Craig and Kathryn hall. Up in your neck of the woods Craig Hall developed Craig’s Ranch. He’s a big RE developer. They have really good wines. Their Cabs are great.

$50 Goldeneye Pinot is fantastic

I personally am not a fan of Meomi and some of the other mass production. If you’re looking for a decent cheap bottle/mass produced Decoy Pinot under $20.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
I had a Burbon Barrel Aged Red Zin this week man it was fantastic and around that 20 dollar price range. Does it have to be a Pinot? Even the ladies would have enjoyed this one. Name was 1000 Stories has a buffalo on it.

Another one under $25 is Joel Gott Oregon Pinot.

I had a Burbon Barrel Aged Red Zin this week man it was fantastic and around that 20 dollar price range. Does it have to be a Pinot? Even the ladies would have enjoyed this one. Name was 1000 Stories has a buffalo on it.
That’s good stuff. Had some Cooper and Thief bourbon aged red wine this summer on vacation in Colorado. It was good.

Reactions: JonnyVito
How much you willing to spend? $30 range you can get Walt Pinot. That is the Pinot label for Hall wines, Craig and Kathryn hall. Up in your neck of the woods Craig Hall developed Craig’s Ranch. He’s a big RE developer. They have really good wines. Their Cabs are great.

$50 Goldeneye Pinot is fantastic

I personally am not a fan of Meomi and some of the other mass production. If you’re looking for a decent cheap bottle/mass produced Decoy Pinot under $20.
$20 is the Aggie price point it must be under

In that case go with the Decoy... or if you have a Costco membership and don’t care you can get a bottle of Rickshaw for 9.99. It’s very drinkable for the price.
So I went to Goody Goody tonight and thanks to @JonnyVito and my South African SOMM I bought 2 South African Pinot Noirs for the evening. As some of you know, I spend a lot of time in South Africa and I love bringing that country to my friends. I will let you know where I placed. I want to crush the Aggies and Longhorns. Show them that an Oklahoman has the best culture!

I won 1st place and last place. He is the funny thing. You had to bring 2 of each wines so for 1st place I got the top 10 wines, for last place I got the bottom 10 wines. I also got a $100 Total Wine gift card. Thanks for the help fellas! @JonnyVito come over and have some wine.

I won 1st place and last place. He is the funny thing. You had to bring 2 of each wines so for 1st place I got the top 10 wines, for last place I got the bottom 10 wines. I also got a $100 Total Wine gift card. Thanks for the help fellas! @JonnyVito come over and have some wine.
If you ended up in the Dallas area I will have to holler at you next time I end up down there for a company function I usually get one free night when I have to go down there.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
Good recommendations ITT. At the $20 price point I would take a Williamette Valley Pinot Noir, Duck Pond, or an Argyle...
I won 1st place with a Paul Cluver (I think that is the spelling) Pinot Noir from South Africa. The Retief Goosen Pinot Noir wine for last place and tasted like ass juice.

I won 1st place with a Paul Cluver (I think that is the spelling) Pinot Noir from South Africa. The Retief Goosen Pinot Noir wine for last place and tasted like ass juice.
Ass Juice? Damn son, you DO get around. Petrino introduce that one to you?

Will look for the Cluver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT