ADVERTISEMENT

Non 24: Something historic and light....

JimmyBob

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Just happened to leave computer and go to kitchen for more wine. Adult supervisor is watching Daytime Emmy Awards Show, and I was lucky enough to see Susan Lucci's LIfetime Achievement Award for her years on "All My Children". When I came out of Navy in '70 and was a Forty North resident, next door neighbor was a show junkie who planned his class schedule so he could watch it at noon. The jerk got me hooked; only soap opera I've ever watched. Now back to our regular programming.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Just happened to leave computer and go to kitchen for more wine. Adult supervisor is watching Daytime Emmy Awards Show, and I was lucky enough to see Susan Lucci's LIfetime Achievement Award for her years on "All My Children". When I came out of Navy in '70 and was a Forty North resident, next door neighbor was a show junkie who planned his class schedule so he could watch it at noon. The jerk got me hooked; only soap opera I've ever watched. Now back to our regular programming.
I have a real concern for a bud of mine who could be considered a genius watches Jerry springer religiously. He took a noticable dive when Jerry passed. To this day I give him hell. 🤣

I was also a resident and survivor of Forty Noerth in the mid-70's.
My grandma got me hooked on Lucci a few years before I came to Stillwater. I would come in from the hay field or wheat field at 1:00 pm so that I could eat lunch and watch my soap.

in late 60's i knew several sorority girls that planned their class schedules around the soap opera tv schedules.

one bullet at a time

Did you have to surrender your man card forever or a certain timeframe?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT