ADVERTISEMENT

Will Alan Bowman return to Oklahoma State football? QB can seek 7th year of eligibility

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma

Will Alan Bowman return to Oklahoma State football? QB can seek 7th year of eligibility​

Scott Wright
The Oklahoman

While there has been speculation about the possibility that quarterback Alan Bowman could apply for a medical hardship waiver from the NCAA to be granted a seventh year of eligibility, Bowman says he has made no decisions.

“I think it’s a possibility,” he said Saturday. “I’m not exactly focused on that right now. Just looking forward to next week, and then we’ll figure out what happens after that before the bowl game.”

Bowman played the first three games of his sophomore season in 2019 before breaking his collarbone and missing the remainder of the year. Based on NCAA standards of games played, it is likely he would be granted the waiver should he apply.

The same is expected for OSU linebacker Justin Wright, a super-senior in his sixth year who played in just two games before a knee injury ended his year. Wright has already announced his plans to apply for the waiver.

Leon Johnson III excited to see JerryWorld​

Leon Johnson III has seen sights this year he never imagined as a college football player, after spending the previous four years at Division III George Fox University in Oregon.

That trend continues with the Big 12 title game at AT&T Stadium, and OSU offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn already has been pumping up the luxury of JerryWorld.

“I’m from Seattle, so I’ve been to a couple Seahawks games,” Johnson said. “But Dunn keeps telling me this is the best football stadium to ever play in, so let’s see if he’s right.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News