ADVERTISEMENT

Wildlife viewing

TexasCowPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
Small ranch North of Denton, TX
Well, it's been quiet on this board, so I thought I'd post something.
1) Anyone else feel like a kid waiting for Christmas when the Draw Hunts get near? I'm sure hoping to gett drawn into big Mac. on the right weekend!

2) What have you been seeing wildlife wise? Anyone already have cameras out? Antler growth should be in swing I would think...
The best thing here is I have two does with little bitty fawns that I watch from my porch most days. Fun to watch the doe go find where she hid it in the taller grass, and then it comes out to nurse like it is starving. One doe beds him down only 80 to 100 yds from the house. The other doe has her fawn usually around 300 yds out the other way. Often I'll see them wandering around middle of the day, then go down to the pond and back. I just enjoy getting to see nature this way.

Can't wait for football season, but I sure enjoy thinking about and getting prepared for hunting season. I need to be shooting my long bow more.

adios,
tcp
This post was edited on 6/21 2:16 PM by TexasCowPoke

I don't know about any of the stuff you mentioned, but there are some baby pheasant chicks this year for the first time in 4 or 5 years. While we won't likely have enough that I'll allow any hunting on our property, it is the road to recovery. Quail are starting to pop up again, too.

I would sure like to have some birds to hunt, again. I miss hunting quail and pheasant in the winter (something I thought I'd never say after some of the hunts I guided).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT