ADVERTISEMENT

Wife is needing new car

Same. I'm pretty brand loyal though for non-trucks.

Wife and I have bought 4Runners and Highlanders with anywhere from 75-125k on them and have driven them to close to 200k with just standard maintenance, no issues.

A $600+ car payment gets old real quick, especially once the new car has lost its luster after a couple years. I stay away from car payments if I can. When I was single I drove a new CTS and a G35, now that I'm married I just don't give a damn.
I would love to have a $600 car payment. We buy em new and ride em hard and we always purchase the extended warranty.

Has anybody used Carvana to buy a car?

A $600+ car payment gets old real quick, especially once the new car has lost its luster after a couple years.

Hell, I thought $474/48/mos. was steep, but it was only 1985. Thirty-three+ yrs/over 300k miles later, still
driving my '86 944!:eek:

I would love to have a $600 car payment. We buy em new and ride em hard and we always purchase the extended warranty.

Has anybody used Carvana to buy a car?

I have purchased two through Carvana. The best purchase experiences I have ever had, by far.

After shopping the website for a few weeks, I found something I wanted. It took about 20 minutes online to start the process. I finished the online stuff around 11:30 pm. When I woke up the next morning, I had an email waiting that said everything was approved and set up and confirmed my selected delivery time.

Truck showed up on time, and delivery person was very helpful and nice. I looked the car over, and took it for a quick test drive. It had a slight mildew smell, but I wasn't overly worried. The smell got worse over the next day or so, so I called them back about returning it.

The return process was equally painless. I called on a Saturday morning. The lady asked if I wanted to return it for refund, or pick something else. I told her I wanted to pick something else. She asked if it was saved in my favorites, and when I confirmed she had the correct vehicle, she asked me a couple of questions about warranty and delivery vs vending machine, then confirmed my new delivery time. She apologized that they couldn't get it to me until mid day on Monday.

Driver showed up, unloaded the new one, which I looked over and was very happy with, then loaded up the old one. Took 20 minutes or so.

I could not be happier with the experience.

I bought another one from them last week that was delivered Saturday. The experience was exactly the same.

I have purchased two through Carvana. The best purchase experiences I have ever had, by far.

After shopping the website for a few weeks, I found something I wanted. It took about 20 minutes online to start the process. I finished the online stuff around 11:30 pm. When I woke up the next morning, I had an email waiting that said everything was approved and set up and confirmed my selected delivery time.

Truck showed up on time, and delivery person was very helpful and nice. I looked the car over, and took it for a quick test drive. It had a slight mildew smell, but I wasn't overly worried. The smell got worse over the next day or so, so I called them back about returning it.

The return process was equally painless. I called on a Saturday morning. The lady asked if I wanted to return it for refund, or pick something else. I told her I wanted to pick something else. She asked if it was saved in my favorites, and when I confirmed she had the correct vehicle, she asked me a couple of questions about warranty and delivery vs vending machine, then confirmed my new delivery time. She apologized that they couldn't get it to me until mid day on Monday.

Driver showed up, unloaded the new one, which I looked over and was very happy with, then loaded up the old one. Took 20 minutes or so.

I bought another one from them last week that was delivered Saturday. The experience was exactly the same.
well, it's all about value. You think you got the best value going that route. Pretty painless process it looks like so that is worth something. I think they will be bending over backwards, especially here at first, to keep everyone happy. I'm guessing they are competitive price wise, but not sure. Hell, if you know what you want and did your homework I don't see why they wouldn't be great.

This is great to hear, thanks for sharing!

G7rPF8YqlO1tTleLLFw_jrGayzTejsXjFZg_KV41IIJByfGvfkcOETpxgELphYcG69wa75jXbT9KgYulfvYDI7hVgF5KAacXZNyKmJ36iqFvQv6GZLAeXw3Db53OLaAekzKqmrPM3lsoL4256GyZgaSpwRzaLzdZbvz7_efeECPCm3HuTf6yGK-ocUyEOy8gs7HfCAiS4noaMO6fut9ac6XSdXzN-JEcCRmoPkDk_-TYhyD3aoMfZVjExaGOql0dkhU9FyTV2qx0y4Np7fdXFIhDL4pyhL24j8TwXNo0HYqWtrJ3a_4xICvVANgghawYu8qetHRsrZoolasiLeE_zv0K1LtZKuNhE2pKS1akZHqz3X4xfJOMPOoCnBVUW-cztZTEoWKZaceDOJaMXIdUvOh2yvDZ4OFYmAldpNsJIdchIDLFerIsH3ZelroAqEkUbFKCeUhFefC4t6sgLMOAgV0UVlAL5Ah6qMFTkPnEYor-IGBVU4tJEqTPbF0aRCdMUJxJMHlF5xx2u2R6NJKspcUItJK0IQxHU2OuylMdQse3TV1fCpTwZ-aVWn3Dweh4o8bj5sOztu9O2Dxlg72F-IFKS88AMV3XQ7Y9AMXoaPzKu7reTHC6zKrdEkfPod049wJrYQs9U-AHSmdLmzTvKhdf6hANMnw=w750-h1002-no
x84uJXWC56HBiIPkIMQkvMy-Hqmf2oV3zN4J_Eb2uasR0tBcxabrEb1gsyCAnBWc3HUfjhyTBOkrCpFhUnIfZluB0Nx-LVlByPQ
I guess I didn’t do something correctly in loading the photos from Google?

well, it's all about value. You think you got the best value going that route. Pretty painless process it looks like so that is worth something. I think they will be bending over backwards, especially here at first, to keep everyone happy. I'm guessing they are competitive price wise, but not sure. Hell, if you know what you want and did your homework I don't see why they wouldn't be great.

Yep. I was looking for specific vehicles both times, and the slight price difference was worth it compared to driving all over town looking at different lots. The seven day return window lets me take it to my shop, throw it up on my lift and look it over top to bottom. It's almost impossible to get a normal dealer to let me do that.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Just initiated a purchase though Carvana.

Replacing a totaled vehicle and I’m getting on a plane to take a one week biz trip to Israel followed by another to Austin. Don’t have time to shop and I know what I wanted.

The delivery will be Saturday after I return from Austin. The 7 day return window is what sealed this for me, combined with the fact that Honda Odyssey Touring trim level is apparently in high demand here in the CO front range.

I’ll report back on how everything goes, but the purchase process took about 45 minutes on the website.

Just initiated a purchase though Carvana.

Replacing a totaled vehicle and I’m getting on a plane to take a one week biz trip to Israel followed by another to Austin. Don’t have time to shop and I know what I wanted.

The delivery will be Saturday after I return from Austin. The 7 day return window is what sealed this for me, combined with the fact that Honda Odyssey Touring trim level is apparently in high demand here in the CO front range.

I’ll report back on how everything goes, but the purchase process took about 45 minutes on the website.
safe travels! yall hiring any IT folks (willing to travel) ;)

How does the tag, tax, and title work with Carvana? Do they factor it in with your payments and handle the titling process or send you a title with a lien?

I own a tag agency in NW OKC and don't think I've knowingly come across anyone who has used Carvana yet.

How does the tag, tax, and title work with Carvana? Do they factor it in with your payments and handle the titling process or send you a title with a lien?

I own a tag agency in NW OKC and don't think I've knowingly come across anyone who has used Carvana yet.

They include it in the total vehicle cost.

That was probably my only complaint about the process - I wanted to finance a specific amount and pay cash for the rest. The purchase flow is not set up to support that directly - it sets up financing based on a down payment before calculating the out-the-door total with TTL.

It was easy to click back on the financing step and change the down payment to adjust the amount financed. It just wasn’t very smooth given how I wanted to approach the transaction.

I realize the vast majority of buyers are thinking in terms of down payment and monthly payments so I wasn’t exactly worried, just something that wasn’t obvious at first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT