ADVERTISEMENT

Why did it take 5 days .......

Just wait a while. Seems like every time I drive by the fire station or post office, the flags are at half-staff. Can't even keep up with who we're supposed to be mourning anymore.

Reactions: NeekReevers
Jihadist Muslims don't respect the soldiers or flag. It's akin to blasphemy. Eunuch in Chief was hoping Trump would keep the attention off of his Muslim flop-eared goat-herding ways.

Don't you always wait to put flags at half mast until the day they are interred?

Don't you always wait to put flags at half mast until the day they are interred?
Why did Congress lower its flag before the White House then? The POS failed and showed his true colors. If they aren't black this POTUS don't give two shits and that is very sad because we should care about every American life.

Why did Congress lower its flag before the White House then? The POS failed and showed his true colors. If they aren't black this POTUS don't give two shits and that is very sad because we should care about every American life.
Only the President can order the US Flag to half mast according to the Eisenhower proclamation so Congress actually broke the law when lowering the flag to half mast. I think it is also customary that if there are no timelines specifically stated in the proclamation that the flag be lowered only on the day in which they are buried. I think you are digging for clams in the desert with this one.

Only the President can order the US Flag to half mast according to the Eisenhower proclamation so Congress actually broke the law when lowering the flag to half mast. I think it is also customary that if there are no timelines specifically stated in the proclamation that the flag be lowered only on the day in which they are buried. I think you are digging for clams in the desert with this one.
This is partially correct. A Governor of any state can order the flag flown at half-staff inside their state when a member of the Armed Forces dies in their state. All federal buildings and installations within the state ordered to lower their flags also must comply. Don't see anything about lowering the flag to half-staff for Whitney Houston or other celebrity. Thus, Obama violated the law too. There have been good-faith misunderstandings where the flag was lowered to half-staff. Janet Reno, then AG, ordered the flag lowered following the deaths of several DEA agents. The Mayor of Pittsburgh also ordered the flag lowered following an airplane crash. Although good intentions were made for this flag lowering, both of these were in violation of the law. Title 4 USC is the controlling authority.

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.pdf

Obama NEVER issued a proclamation requesting the flag fly at half-staff for Whitney Houston.

The Governor of her home/birth state (New Jersey), however did. That would be Chris Christie - NOT Obama.

Here's a list of EVERY Presidential Proclamation issued by Obama since he has been in office. Whitney Houston died on Feb 11, 2012. Since a Presidential Proclamation is the exclusive means for the President to order the flag to half-mast, it would be in the archive. Yet, in Feb of 2012, not a single Presidential Proclamation was issued, much less one on the subject of Whitney Houston.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/proclamations

Last edited:
Don't know anything about presidential proclamations and what not, but thought it was pretty cool he had the white house lit up like a rainbow about 5 minutes after the scotus ruling on gay marriage. I could be off on the five minutes so spare me any lecturing.

4 hours on the rainbow white house.

Obama is Anti-American.

Don't know anything about presidential proclamations and what not, but thought it was pretty cool he had the white house lit up like a rainbow about 5 minutes after the scotus ruling on gay marriage. I could be off on the five minutes so spare me any lecturing.
Perhaps the WH got a heads-up from someone at the SCOTUS before the ruling was released?

Good news for you Vito; they make them in very stylish ways now.

tin-foil-hats.jpg

Reactions: davidallen
Obama does a lot of things that in my opinion are beneath the office, the rainbow White House being one of them. I also think the way that he feels the need to comment on things like Bill Cosby, the Cambridge Police, Trayvon Martin....those are all things that I think a prudent leader would do his or her best to stay out of but he always seems intent on inserting himself into the minutiae of every issue. I think it's fine to comment in general and say you'd like to see justice done or you'd like to see marriage equality for all Americans but taking sides on individual cases where the truth is still unknown is not wise. He's the President, but he's not a good leader.

Being angry that Obama won not one but two national elections with the full force of the Republican party against him is somewhat understandable - ignorance on these types of issues really is just embarrassing.

Find something of substance to complain about or just shut the hell up...

Because he isn't American.

No he is an American I believe he is a citizen. However I do think he was raised with this attitude that Americans are spoiled and has a hatred for what this country stands for. I think he wants to hang with the UN and views them as the shining light. He only cares if his name goes down in the history books and he is throwing shit to see what sticks. I am sorry this is more then a D vs R here the guy is a terrible POTUS and even other democrats are seeing it. This isn't hatred for a party but the POTUS views. I have had 7 years almost to judge the guy by.

I also find it very disrespectful that he finds time to call the families of criminals but won't call Kate's family and offer condolences. This guy has been raised with hate in his heart and it is really showing now that he doesn't give a crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT