ADVERTISEMENT

What will Old Dumbass Do Now.

Scottsdale.Sooner

All-Big12
Jan 2, 2012
I was sent a copy of The American Petroleum Institute's Ten Point Plan in response to Biden's pushing a blame game for high gas prices and raging inflation. It's pretty simple and straight forward. Let's see what Ole Stupid does now.

10 actions policymakers can take right now:

1. Lift Development Restrictions on Federal Lands and Waters

The Department of the Interior (DOI) should swiftly issue a 5-year program for the Outer Continental Shelf and hold mandated quarterly onshore lease sales with equitable terms. DOI should reinstate canceled sales and valid leases on federal lands and waters.

2. Designate Critical Energy Infrastructure Projects

Congress should authorize critical energy infrastructure projects to support the production, processing and delivery of energy. These projects would be of such concern to the national interest that they would be entitled to undergo a streamlined review and permitting process not to exceed one year.

3. Fix the NEPA Permitting Process

The Biden administration should revise the National Environmental Policy Act process by establishing agency uniformity in reviews, limiting reviews to two years, and reducing bureaucratic burdens placed on project proponents in terms of size and scope of application submissions.

4. Accelerate LNG Exports and Approve Pending LNG Applications

Congress should amend the Natural Gas Act to streamline the Department of Energy (DOE) to a single approval process for all U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects. DOE should approve pending LNG applications to enable the U.S. to deliver reliable energy to our allies abroad.

5. Unlock Investment and Access to Capital

The Securities and Exchange Commission should reconsider its overly burdensome and ineffective climate disclosure proposal and the Biden administration should ensure open capital markets where access is based upon individual company merit free from artificial constraints based on government-preferred investment allocations.\

6. Dismantle Supply Chain Bottlenecks

President Biden should rescind steel tariffs that remain on imports from U.S. allies as steel is a critical component of energy production, transportation, and refining. The Biden administration should accelerate efforts to relieve port congestion so that equipment necessary for energy development can be delivered and installed.

7. Advance Lower Carbon Energy Tax Provisions

Congress should expand and extend Section 45Q tax credits for carbon capture, utilization, and storage development and create a new tax credit for hydrogen produced from all sources.

8. Protect Competition in the Use of Refining Technologies

The Biden administration should ensure that future federal agency rulemakings continue to allow U.S. refineries to use the existing critical process technologies to produce the fuels needed for global energy markets.

9. End Permitting Obstruction on Natural Gas Projects

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission should cease efforts to overstep its permitting authority under the Natural Gas Act and should adhere to traditional considerations of public needs as well as focus on direct impacts arising from the construction and operation of natural gas projects.

10. Advance the Energy Workforce of the Future

Congress and the Biden administration should support the training and education of a diverse workforce through increased funding of work-based learning and advancement of STEM programs to nurture the skills necessary to construct and operate oil, natural gas and other energy infrastructure.

I was sent a copy of The American Petroleum Institute's Ten Point Plan in response to Biden's pushing a blame game for high gas prices and raging inflation. It's pretty simple and straight forward. Let's see what Ole Stupid does now.

10 actions policymakers can take right now:

1. Lift Development Restrictions on Federal Lands and Waters

The Department of the Interior (DOI) should swiftly issue a 5-year program for the Outer Continental Shelf and hold mandated quarterly onshore lease sales with equitable terms. DOI should reinstate canceled sales and valid leases on federal lands and waters.

2. Designate Critical Energy Infrastructure Projects

Congress should authorize critical energy infrastructure projects to support the production, processing and delivery of energy. These projects would be of such concern to the national interest that they would be entitled to undergo a streamlined review and permitting process not to exceed one year.

3. Fix the NEPA Permitting Process

The Biden administration should revise the National Environmental Policy Act process by establishing agency uniformity in reviews, limiting reviews to two years, and reducing bureaucratic burdens placed on project proponents in terms of size and scope of application submissions.

4. Accelerate LNG Exports and Approve Pending LNG Applications

Congress should amend the Natural Gas Act to streamline the Department of Energy (DOE) to a single approval process for all U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects. DOE should approve pending LNG applications to enable the U.S. to deliver reliable energy to our allies abroad.

5. Unlock Investment and Access to Capital

The Securities and Exchange Commission should reconsider its overly burdensome and ineffective climate disclosure proposal and the Biden administration should ensure open capital markets where access is based upon individual company merit free from artificial constraints based on government-preferred investment allocations.\

6. Dismantle Supply Chain Bottlenecks

President Biden should rescind steel tariffs that remain on imports from U.S. allies as steel is a critical component of energy production, transportation, and refining. The Biden administration should accelerate efforts to relieve port congestion so that equipment necessary for energy development can be delivered and installed.

7. Advance Lower Carbon Energy Tax Provisions

Congress should expand and extend Section 45Q tax credits for carbon capture, utilization, and storage development and create a new tax credit for hydrogen produced from all sources.

8. Protect Competition in the Use of Refining Technologies

The Biden administration should ensure that future federal agency rulemakings continue to allow U.S. refineries to use the existing critical process technologies to produce the fuels needed for global energy markets.

9. End Permitting Obstruction on Natural Gas Projects

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission should cease efforts to overstep its permitting authority under the Natural Gas Act and should adhere to traditional considerations of public needs as well as focus on direct impacts arising from the construction and operation of natural gas projects.

10. Advance the Energy Workforce of the Future

Congress and the Biden administration should support the training and education of a diverse workforce through increased funding of work-based learning and advancement of STEM programs to nurture the skills necessary to construct and operate oil, natural gas and other energy infrastructure.
LOL -
#5: “don’t pick winners and losers through the tax code and regulatory requirements.”

#7 “we want our ****ing tax breaks or we won’t play ball.”

LOL -
#5: “don’t pick winners and losers through the tax code and regulatory requirements.”

wow I agree with DA on #5. That means for wind, solar and EV's to bucko. Without the lousey government putting their thumbs on the scale for those industries they wouldn't exist. Look how much money was dumped into Solyndra and what happened? Can't believe the lousey government gives so many breaks to industries that provide next to nothing for energy on the grid, kills millions of birds and wouldn't exist if it weren't for those very subsidies.

#7, this is total crap....if it weren't for the wholly and fake global warming crap there wouldn't even need to be "carbon capture." Name one major global warming prediction that has come true. Here is a quick question DA what is one of the keys to photosynthesis? Would it not be better to have MORE trees and grass? By the way CO2 makes up 0.04% of the whole atmosphere....freakin 4/10th of 1 percent. Yea, totally understandable how this could end all life on mother earth.

But just one example of the over the top caterwauling by there political whores.......

Last edited:
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
LOL -

CCP/DNC running the business of America right into the ground

where is the voter base gonna come from?

all the peeps grateful for the “living wage?”

gonna come from hard working people watching this country flooded with cheap labor?

your economics are as value based as cardano

Hmmm 50 years ago? I lived those times and recall everyone telling us the next ice age was upon us. Hard to revise history when people are still alive from the period you are talking about.

50 years ago Exxon knew…until their accountants showed them how much money was at stake lol

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
50 years ago Exxon knew…until their accountants showed them how much money was at stake lol

carry on
They knew about the coming ice age? Because that's what "science" was telling us.

After we all "survived" acid rain and/or the ever widening hole in the ozone layer, I knew it was all BS.

The global warming scam is just the latest scam.

LOL -

Biden is in serious need of a lifeline. He is sinking at a rapidly increased rate as time passes. He (and apparently you) cannot seem to grasp the contributing factors of this total failure of a politician. Don't you realize Biden, and you left wing idiots, do not have the comfort of picking a choosing what parts of the solution you want. I was glad to see the API's response but I would gladly pay the current gas prices if they would have waited a few weeks to let the witless old bastard stew in his juices a little longer. I am astounded by people like you that continue to support and find excuses for Biden and his failed policies and economic positions.

wow I agree with DA on #5. That means for wind, solar and EV's to bucko. Without the lousey government putting their thumbs on the scale for those industries they wouldn't exist. Look how much money was dumped into Solyndra and what happened? Can't believe the lousey government gives so many breaks to industries that provide next to nothing for energy on the grid, kills millions of birds and wouldn't exist if it weren't for those very subsidies.

#7, this is total crap....if it weren't for the wholly and fake global warming crap there wouldn't even need to be "carbon capture." Name one major global warming prediction that has come true. Here is a quick question DA what is one of the keys to photosynthesis? Would it not be better to have MORE trees and grass? By the way CO2 makes up 0.04% of the whole atmosphere....freakin 4/10th of 1 percent. Yea, totally understandable how this could end all life on mother earth.

But just one example of the over the top caterwauling by there political whores.......
I am not necessarily subscribing to #5 - what I am pointing out is the hypocrisy of the API in both eschewing the thumb on the scale and then boldly demanding not two lines later.

So many ways to take this conversation - but let me start with a quick question: Has the US "fossil fuel" industry benefitted from government policy/incentives?

• Haha
I am not necessarily subscribing to #5 - what I am pointing out is the hypocrisy of the API in both eschewing the thumb on the scale and then boldly demanding not two lines later.
Thumbs on scales has gone both ways. The money and incentives that has been handed to alternative energy borders fraud.
So many ways to take this conversation - but let me start with a quick question: Has the US "fossil fuel" industry benefitted from government policy/incentives?
This question has a sliding scale answer. In the past, Yes. In the present, No. Oil companies have been granted considerable incentives for R&D or developing methods of production outside their comfort zones. There are many but one that I considered myself a part of was "deep-water exploration and production". It was a huge undertaking that started over 30 years ago. The US government (mostly Republican) provide tax incentives and development incentives on oil prospect leases in the Gulf of Mexico and deep-water production was founded.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Thumbs on scales has gone both ways. The money and incentives that has been handed to alternative energy borders fraud.

This question has a sliding scale answer. In the past, Yes. In the present, No. Oil companies have been granted considerable incentives for R&D or developing methods of production outside their comfort zones. There are many but one that I considered myself a part of was "deep-water exploration and production". It was a huge undertaking that started over 30 years ago. The US government (mostly Republican) provide tax incentives and development incentives on oil prospect leases in the Gulf of Mexico and deep-water production was founded.
Largely agree on the history of O&G. Does Anybody remember Clean Coal Incentives? That was a boondoggle.

As to alternative energy incentives - is there one in particular that you think is most egregious? I have no problem with defending Federal EV tax credits to purchasers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
iceage.jpg

Largely agree on the history of O&G. Does Anybody remember Clean Coal Incentives? That was a boondoggle.

As to alternative energy incentives - is there one in particular that you think is most egregious? I have no problem with defending Federal EV tax credits to purchasers.
I don't mind alternatives, the problem is the Biden administration is moving too fast. We're not currently equipped as individuals or a nation to make a wholesale switch.

this is how ccp/dnc dave operates
he wanna create a serious discussion

when his and the ccp/dnc entire premise is a falsehood

like been he doesn’t believe there is God because he can’t prove it

yet these dolts will tell you driving a volt is gonna change the world.

what in Gods name would these commies be preaching if this was beaver county in 1930 and they had to endure the dust bowl?

at least then you had evidence

this is how ccp/dnc dave operates
he wanna create a serious discussion

when his and the ccp/dnc entire premise is a falsehood

like been he doesn’t believe there is God because he can’t prove it

yet these dolts will tell you driving a volt is gonna change the world.

what in Gods name would these commies be preaching if this was beaver county in 1930 and they had to endure the dust bowl?

at least then you had evidence

She left out that it’s a 13 year old child in Africa doing the digging. They they ain’t payin $15/hr either.

LOL -

While I agree somewhat contradictory, #5 is spot on. The climate disclosures, especially scope 3, are ridiculous. They will make consulting companies billions. The added costs to companies are significant.

My 79 year old mom just took delivery of her X model Tesla this weekend. She's fully on board with the electric car BS and is excited to drive out to show us her new car next weekend. Scary part is she can't drive for shit, now she has a car that goes 0 to 60 in 2 seconds and has a yolk instead of a steering wheel.

Batteries will have 1,000 mile range in 5 years. By 2030 you will have charging stations every 50 miles on highways in Oklahoma. Wireless charging on certain roads will enable certain vehicles to drive continuously, in theory. Electric cars have 300 parts; combustion engines have 30,000. We will all drive electric cars at some point.

But…Demand for fossil fuels will still continue to increase every year in our lifetimes.

LOL -

Oklahoma is going to receive 66 million in “federal funding” to put in charging stations over the next 5 years. If this green energy is so profitable, why don’t they pay for it themselves instead of having tax dollars do it. Sure looks like the feds are picking the “winners” here.

Edit. Overall, 7.5 billion in federal funds just for charging stations.

Last edited:
But…Demand for fossil fuels will still continue to increase every year in our lifetimes.
Indeed. But the middle class which our countries elite/1%s/politicians are dependent on for function/survival, can only afford the fossil fuel vehicles. Not really hard to understand my man.

Indeed. But the middle class which our countries elite/1%s/politicians are dependent on for function/survival, can only afford the fossil fuel vehicles. Not really hard to understand my man.
Electric cars will become much cheaper than combustible engines in the near future and Oklahoma will be a harbinger of electric car infrastructure.

Electric cars will become much cheaper than combustible engines in the near future and Oklahoma will be a harbinger of electric car infrastructure.
You don't have a clue about how near future. Yer leader sleepy dangled a fuel coupon today for the average folk. Keep ya travellin. But, it'll cost yer country's infrastructure pot. Piece of shit said this today.

I do not support Biden and I know a pretty good amount about electric vehicles and their infrastructure.
Squeak, I think you need to seek out a neurologist. You have a problem, a serious problem with yer infrastructure son.

I don't mind alternatives, the problem is the Biden administration is moving too fast. We're not currently equipped as individuals or a nation to make a wholesale switch.
I don't think anyone would have chosen COVID and Russia's invasion of Ukraine to accelerate this transition and no doubt these moments will pass. The transformation is well under way regardless of our current discomforts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT