ADVERTISEMENT

What we know...

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
We know that Chad fired MB. We know that a donor agreed to pay his buyout which was somewhere north of 5 million dollars (possibly significantly higher). We know that other $ will be needed to buy out assistants. We know that DG was told he is not being considered for the job. That's pretty much it.

We don't know if Chad had discussions with a target/his agent prior to firing MB. We don't know if OSU has made even one offer to a target and been rebuffed. We don't know if OSU currently is aggressively courting one or more coaches. We don't know if OSU has designs on hiring anyone mentioned in any of the threads on this site, or if the target is going to come out of left field.

There has been a lot of speculation about what OSU is doing, but as far as I can tell, every one of them is coming from one random source and none are being corroborated by a second source.

Personally, I think it is illogical that multiple coaches are turning OSU down, unless it is because we aren't willing to pay what the other programs are willing to pay. I see a lot of doom and gloom about how our job is not desirable. I find that hard to believe. IMO, worst case scenario would be that we have to offer an extra 500K to make it comparably desirable to most other open jobs. If we are blowing big millions on kicking MB to the curb, we sure better not end up settling for the 15th coach on our wishlist because we aren't offering market value, or sweetening our offer enough to get the guy we want to give OSU serious consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News