ADVERTISEMENT

What has changed since 2006 when Dems wanted wall?

BvillePoker

Heisman Candidate
Dec 29, 2004
Some people seem to have a very short memory. Hillary, Schumer, and Obama all voted for "H.R. 6061 (109th): Secure Fence Act of 2006." The majority of Dems in both the House and Senate voted for it. What has changed?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Key Word: Fence
tenor.gif

“The White House Office of the Press Secretary stated that the Act "Authorizes the construction of hundreds of miles of additional fencing along our Southern border; Authorizes more vehicle barriers, checkpoints, and lighting to help prevent people from entering our country illegally; Authorizes the Department of Homeland Security to increase the use of advanced technology like cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles to reinforce our infrastructure at the border."[1]

When Dems object to more fencing being built, you let me know. The Dem birder funding proposals gave included this...just not a wall.

Again...to build a wall requires successful legal battles of eminent domain, appropriate environmental studies, infrastructure, etc.

“The White House Office of the Press Secretary stated that the Act "Authorizes the construction of hundreds of miles of additional fencing along our Southern border; Authorizes more vehicle barriers, checkpoints, and lighting to help prevent people from entering our country illegally; Authorizes the Department of Homeland Security to increase the use of advanced technology like cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles to reinforce our infrastructure at the border."[1]
Let me help you out with the exact text from the Bill that passed both House and Senate in 2006.

(1)

Security features

(A)
Reinforced fencing

In carrying out subsection (a), the Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide for least 2 layers of reinforced fencing, the installation of additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors—

(i)
extending from 10 miles west of the Tecate, California, port of entry to 10 miles east of the Tecate, California, port of entry;

(ii)
extending from 10 miles west of the Calexico, California, port of entry to 5 miles east of the Douglas, Arizona, port of entry;

(iii)
extending from 5 miles west of the Columbus, New Mexico, port of entry to 10 miles east of El Paso, Texas;

(iv)
extending from 5 miles northwest of the Del Rio, Texas, port of entry to 5 miles southeast of the Eagle Pass, Texas, port of entry; and

(v)
extending 15 miles northwest of the Laredo, Texas, port of entry to the Brownsville, Texas, port of entry.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Let me help you out with the exact text from the Bill that passed both House and Senate in 2006.

(1)

Security features

(A)
Reinforced fencing

In carrying out subsection (a), the Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide for least 2 layers of reinforced fencing, the installation of additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors—

(i)
extending from 10 miles west of the Tecate, California, port of entry to 10 miles east of the Tecate, California, port of entry;

(ii)
extending from 10 miles west of the Calexico, California, port of entry to 5 miles east of the Douglas, Arizona, port of entry;

(iii)
extending from 5 miles west of the Columbus, New Mexico, port of entry to 10 miles east of El Paso, Texas;

(iv)
extending from 5 miles northwest of the Del Rio, Texas, port of entry to 5 miles southeast of the Eagle Pass, Texas, port of entry; and

(v)
extending 15 miles northwest of the Laredo, Texas, port of entry to the Brownsville, Texas, port of entry.

Exactly...sooooo...not a wall.

When Dems object to more fencing being built, you let me know. The Dem birder funding proposals gave included this...just not a wall.

Again...to build a wall requires successful legal battles of eminent domain, appropriate environmental studies, infrastructure, etc.

You're shitting me right? This is what you are arguing

A border fence...
636389331504448810-Whobuildswall-Ranchers-explainer.jpg

Border wall.....
AP_18152658547064.jpg

Last edited:
Some people seem to have a very short memory. Hillary, Schumer, and Obama all voted for "H.R. 6061 (109th): Secure Fence Act of 2006." The majority of Dems in both the House and Senate voted for it. What has changed?

The Wall was Trump’s central campaign theme. They can’t give him that. They need this to be a “read my lips” moment.

Plus they realized they need the votes.

I am asking you, not Google. It is a structure blocking access. A wall does that, a fence does that. I see similarities...

Similarities in terms of purpose...yet remarkably different in terms of A) planning and B) construction costs and time.

Enlighten me lol
You like Trump quotes so much. I will let one of his own quotes do the talking. Read carefully. It is longer than the shrimp scampi menu description.

"The Wall is the Wall, it has never changed or evolved from the first day I conceived of it. Parts will be, of necessity, see through and it was never intended to be built in areas where there is natural protection such as mountains, wastelands or tough rivers or water....."

Biff and parrots:

Mexico will pay for the wall.

I'll shut down government if you expect Mexico to pay for the wall. US taxpayer, you pay for it.

I'm shutting it down until I get the wall funded from the US taxpayer. Mexico? Who? Oh the queen has bad breath, it's awful but don't say anything about it when she's here, okay America?

I'm opening government, and while I'm no closer to having the wall funded, this is a big win.

Dems want a wall. A wall and fence are the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT