ADVERTISEMENT

Wanna watch the board's conservative Catholics defy the Church?

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pope Francis says that his heart is broken over the mass shooting at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas, and that the U.S. must act to prevent the spread of guns. "I am praying for the children and adults who were killed, and for their families. It is time to say enough to the indiscriminate trafficking of arms," Francis said on Wednesday, during his weekly general audience in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican.

In the attack, 19 students and two adults died. The 18-year-old gunman, who lived in Uvalde, reportedly bought at least two semi-automatic rifles after his most recent birthday. People should be working now, the pope said, to ensure a similar tragedy can never happen again.

In the U.S., his sentiment was shared by another senior Catholic leader: Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, the archbishop of Chicago. "The Second Amendment did not come down from Sinai," Cupich said via Twitter. "The right to bear arms will never be more important than human life. Our children have rights too. And our elected officials have a moral duty to protect them."

The cardinal noted that research has shown the expired federal ban on certain rifles was effective in preventing the terror of mass shootings.

"As I reflect on this latest American massacre, I keep returning to the questions: Who are we as a nation if we do not act to protect our children? What do we love more: our instruments of death or our future?" Cupich asked.

There have been 27 school shootings so far this year in the U.S., according to Education Week, which tracks gun violence on K-12 school properties.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Last edited:
Pope Francis says that his heart is broken over the mass shooting at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas, and that the U.S. must act to prevent the spread of guns. "I am praying for the children and adults who were killed, and for their families. It is time to say enough to the indiscriminate trafficking of arms," Francis said on Wednesday, during his weekly general audience in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican.
In the attack, 19 students and two adults died. The 18-year-old gunman, who lived in Uvalde, reportedly bought at least two semi-automatic rifles after his most recent birthday. People should be working now, the pope said, to ensure a similar tragedy can never happen again.
In the U.S., his sentiment was shared by another senior Catholic leader: Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, the archbishop of Chicago. "The Second Amendment did not come down from Sinai," Cupich said via Twitter. "The right to bear arms will never be more important than human life. Our children have rights too. And our elected officials have a moral duty to protect them."

The cardinal noted that research has shown the expired federal ban on certain rifles was effective in preventing the terror of mass shootings.

"As I reflect on this latest American massacre, I keep returning to the questions: Who are we as a nation if we do not act to protect our children? What do we love more: our instruments of death or our future?" Cupich asked.

There have been 27 school shootings so far this year in the U.S., according to Education Week, which tracks gun violence on K-12 school properties.

You mean like Pelosi, Biden and 2pesos have done in regards to Abortion?

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
Well fair enough and I agree to a point with that, but I don't recall hearing that scriptural reference in regard to a host of other issues religious institutions weigh in on - notably abortion from the catholic church. I could also quote a number of scriptures regarding do violence to no man, turn the other cheek, be meek, etc.

Until the Catholic Church comes out with a full mea cupla on the sex abuse by priests they don’t need to weigh in. This coming from a fully practicing Catholic.

I don't know how you reconcile the last two sentences, but that's probably none of my business.

Well fair enough and I agree to a point with that, but I don't recall hearing that scriptural reference in regard to a host of other issues religious institutions weigh in on - notably abortion from the catholic church. I could also quote a number of scriptures regarding do violence to no man, turn the other cheek, be meek, etc.

I don't know how you reconcile the last two sentences, but that's probably none of my business.
Um, abortion always results in the killing of a child. Owning a gun does not. How you could compare the two speaks volumes to your agenda. Murder is murder no matter the method used.

The church has many faults, but Jesus does not. You still worship at the alter of the left even though those on the left have committed crimes. How do you reconcile it.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
abortion always results in the killing of a child
  • In the United States, 1 in 50 pregnancies are ectopic.
  • These pregnancies occur when a fertilized egg implants outside the uterus.
  • Ectopic pregnancies are not viable, meaning they will never reach full term.
  • Without treatment, they can lead to hemorrhaging and death

• Haha
Reactions: okstatefan1
lmao. omg lmao

Carry on

Your lack of the medical world shows how uncultured you really are

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

Until the Catholic Church comes out with a full mea cupla on the sex abuse by priests they don’t need to weigh in. This coming from a fully practicing Catholic.
Does this also apply to the Catholic Church not weighing in on the abortion issue too?

The Pope is just a commie and fake Catholic according to @soonerinlOUisiana.

🙄

Pathetic man. Just pathetic.

Actually, it didn't. But understanding this would entail you reading all of the Bible and consider other theological viewpoints on abortion. Have you done either?
Yes read the bible fron to back over 50 times. Have done 50 pages essays on books of John, Luke, Matt and Mark. Go ahead though project like you know me boss. You libs are good at that.

Agreed. You filling out those adoption applications?
luckily there are enough people not like you that will actually adopt. My goddaughter is adopted. Think God she wasn’t born to a progressive nut.
Sorry had to edit as I mistyped. She wouldn’t have been born.

Yes read the bible fron to back over 50 times. Have done 50 pages essays on books of John, Luke, Matt and Mark.
Ok, good, let's consider the rest of the Bible..

We can start here. 1 Samuel 15:3; 1 Samuel 15:7-11.

What did God order King Saul to do? Why did God get so upset with King Saul? Did King Saul violate the 5th Commandment? Did God violate a commandment He gave?

Ok, good, let's consider the rest of the Bible..

We can start here. 1 Samuel 15:3; 1 Samuel 15:7-11.

What did God order King Saul to do? Why did God get so upset with King Saul? Did King Saul violate the 5th Commandment? Did God violate a commandment He gave?
Is that Old Testament? Can I tell you about a guy named Jesus?

Is that Old Testament? Can I tell you about a guy named Jesus?
Jesus is the Son of God, eternally God. The Trinity. Therefore, the Son of God was part of the Godhead when God gave King Saul the command. Also, the Fifth Commandment you cited is part of the Old Testament too

So again, what did God order King Saul to do? Why did God get so upset with King Saul? Did King Saul violate the 6th Commandment? Did God violate a commandment He gave?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Jesus is the Son of God, eternally God. The Trinity. Therefore, the Son of God was part of the Godhead when God gave King Saul the command. Also, the Fifth Commandment you cited is part of the Old Testament too

So again, what did God order King Saul to do? Why did God get so upset with King Saul? Did King Saul violate the 5th Commandment? Did God violate a commandment He gave?
You are more knowledgeable than God? I don't question God. I obey when he speaks to me.

You are more knowledgeable than God? I don't question God. I obey when he speaks to me.
Great. But we are now simply having a discussion about God and the Bible you have read over fifty times.

Again, what did God order King Saul to do? Why did God get so upset with King Saul? Did King Saul violate the 6th Commandment? Did God violate a commandment He gave?

Last edited:
  • Haha

So again, what did God order King Saul to do? Why did God get so upset with King Saul? Did King Saul violate the 5th Commandment? Did God violate a commandment He gave?
God can never violate his word he is God.

Now lets play.

1Samuel also said to Saul, “The Lord sent me to anoint you king over His people, over Israel. Now therefore, heed the voice of the words of the Lord. 2Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”
4So Saul gathered the people together and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men of Judah. 5And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and lay in wait in the valley.
6Then Saul said to the Kenites, “Go, depart, get down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them. For you showed kindness to all the children of Israel when they came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites. 7And Saul attacked the Amalekites, from Havilah all the way to Shur, which is east of Egypt. 8He also took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword. 9But Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, the oxen, the fatlings, the lambs, and all that was good, and were unwilling to utterly destroy them. But everything despised and worthless, that they utterly destroyed.

Ready for the punishment....

0Now the word of the Lord came to Samuel, saying, 11“I greatly regret that I have set up Saul as king, for he has turned back from following Me, and has not performed My commandments.” And it grieved Samuel, and he cried out to the Lord all night. 12So when Samuel rose early in the morning to meet Saul, it was told Samuel, saying, “Saul went to Carmel, and indeed, he set up a monument for himself; and he has gone on around, passed by, and gone down to Gilgal.” 13Then Samuel went to Saul, and Saul said to him, “Blessed are you of the Lord! I have performed the commandment of the Lord.”
14But Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?”
15And Saul said, “They have brought them from the Amalekites; for the people spared the best of the sheep and the oxen, to sacrifice to the Lord your God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.”
16Then Samuel said to Saul, “Be quiet! And I will tell you what the Lord said to me last night.”
And he said to him, “Speak on.”
17So Samuel said, “When you were little in your own eyes, were you not head of the tribes of Israel? And did not the Lord anoint you king over Israel? 18Now the Lord sent you on a mission, and said, ‘Go, and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.’ 19Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord? Why did you swoop down on the spoil, and do evil in the sight of the Lord?”
20And Saul said to Samuel, “But I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and gone on the mission on which the Lord sent me, and brought back Agag king of Amalek; I have utterly destroyed the Amalekites. 21But the people took of the plunder, sheep and oxen, the best of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice to the Lord your God in Gilgal.”
22So Samuel said:
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
23For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
He also has rejected you from being king.”
24Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice. 25Now therefore, please pardon my sin, and return with me, that I may worship the Lord.”
26But Samuel said to Saul, “I will not return with you, for you have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you from being king over Israel.”
27And as Samuel turned around to go away, Saul seized the edge of his robe, and it tore. 28So Samuel said to him, “The Lord has torn the kingdom of Israel from you today, and has given it to a neighbor of yours, who is better than you. 29And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent. For He is not a man, that He should relent.”
30Then he said, “I have sinned; yet honor me now, please, before the elders of my people and before Israel, and return with me, that I may worship the Lord your God.” 31So Samuel turned back after Saul, and Saul worshiped the Lord.
32Then Samuel said, “Bring Agag king of the Amalekites here to me.” So Agag came to him cautiously.
And Agag said, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.”
33But Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so shall your mother be childless among women.” And Samuel hacked Agag in pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.
34Then Samuel went to Ramah, and Saul went up to his house at Gibeah of Saul. 35And Samuel went no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul, and the Lord regretted that He had made Saul king over Israel.

Saul didn't do as the lord said. If the lord tells me to kill babies then I guess we cross that road at that time?

Per the catholic website....

Fifth commandment. "You shall not kill." This commandment demands respect for human life and is more accurately translated as "thou shalt not murder." Indeed, killing may, under limited circumstances, be justified within Catholicism.

game-of-thrones-jon-snow.gif

game-of-thrones-jon-snow.gif

Still kicking

Reactions: CowboyJD
Whoopsie did @my_2cents not know the story of Saul? lol

He lost the kingdom because he kept what God told him to destroy. Has nothing to do with murder or killing.

I am here all day

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT