ADVERTISEMENT

Voting laws....change I would like to see

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
In order to be eligible to vote, I believe you need to show that you have had 1099 or W-2 earnings one out of the last 4 years equal to or greater than $10,000. The exceptions being, if you are on social security or have a disability the makes you not eligible to work. This would include college age students. A few years ago a dept head where I work hired 2 OSU grads within about a month of each other and both came to me in private and told me their pay was wrong and had no clue how payroll and income taxes work. None. I am sorry, but no one that is getting educated by liberal professors and have no clue how taxes works, should be allowed to vote. It would also give college kids an incentive to get a degree that is meaningful and actually pays when you graduate.

I don't think it is right, that people who refuse to work, or who do not take responsibility for themselves to put themselves in a position to find work, or people that do not pay in to the system and have no clue how taxes work, can vote to raise taxes and take hard earned pay away from those who work hard, to feather their own nest.

I also would allow any former individual who served this country automatic voting rights, no matter their current or prior income level. Matter of fact, we probably need more programs to help vets to get trained to find jobs.

I really believe this would help many of the issues we face today. Instead of a living wage just for breathing, provide an incentive for people to work in terms of governance.

I am looking at what my tax bill for the year is and asking myself, why is it that people that are always on government handouts can vote to get more. Makes no sense to me.

You should have to do something at a bare minimum other than to be born here or become a naturalized citizen to vote, you should at least make an occasional attempt to add something of value to society in terms of work, or serve this country in the military.

Last edited:
if india can issue a voter id to every single indian of voting age, there is no way, the usa couldn't do the same. we choose not to. actually the commucrats choose not to.

you can have my gun, one bullet at a time

fjb

If we limited voting to only those people who were productive and contributed to society how would Democrats ever get elected?

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.

If we limited voting to only those people who were productive and contributed to society how would Democrats ever get elected?

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT