ADVERTISEMENT

update on going turkey hunting..

okstate_1

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
this weekend. these are the last two weeks for the spring season. So hopefully after the weekend I'll have some photo's for you.

Also the walleye fishing opener starts saturday. So a big weekend of some blast and cast!
3dgrin.gif

only about a million people go fishing on the opening weekend.
smilie2.gif

This post was edited on 5/16 10:56 AM by okstate_1

Re: going turkey hunting..

update on the cast and blast:

Went out early Friday morning for gobblers. Had several gobbling back at us. Bad news none wanted to come check us out. After a couple hours we decided to chase them. Went on a little hike and had one close. We set up then hen decoy hid in the bushes and called him. He kept getting louder and louder moving towards us but still slightly around the bend of trees. We were probably about 20 yards from seeing the bird; then all of a sudden the gobbler goes silent. We call a few more times and wait patiently for him to come around the corner, but he never comes. We eventually get up and look around but no turkey to be seen or heard of. We walk around from where we were sitting to a small deer path about 40 yards behind us a find fresh, giant bear tracks in the mud! So we are thinking the bear must have spooked off the turkey. but also makes you think of how close that bear was to us! It was fun and exciting when that turkey was working his way to us. My brother-in-law and me were certain we were going to shoot a turkey. But it didn't happen.
mad.gif

On the walleye fishing opener:

We went out about 7( a little later than usual) the weather was awful. About 40 degrees misting and windy! But we braved the weather to keep fishing opener tradition alive! We caught 5 or 6 Northern Pike ranging from 3lbs to 7 lbs. They are fun to catch! Only caught a 2 walleye. we were only out for about 3 hours so not bad. Obviously could always be better.

anyway that is the report. Wish I had some pictures of a big gobbler to share with you guys. Maybe in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT