ADVERTISEMENT

Union QB that's been offered

thetruth

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001

YUKON, Okla. – It’s not often that warm-ups are more impressive for watching a player than the actual game itself, but because of all the offensive talent surrounding Tulsa Union quarterback Shaker Reisig, it is warm-ups where Reisig actually shows off his high level arm strength and ability to spin the football. Reisig, who at one time took Jenks to a State Championship, is now the quarterback at Union. He has been to several Oklahoma State camps and has seemed to really hit it off with Cowboys quarterback coach Tim Rattay. OSU has offered and he is now having weekly conversations like he did earlier this week with Cowboys head coach Mike Gundy. Friday night Reisig was back spinning the ball completing 29-of-33 passes for a season high 412-yards and four touchdowns in a 63-to-7 win over Yukon on the Millers homecoming.
“It’s been really good out there. I felt very comfortable out there and the O-line has been doing a great job protecting me and making me comfortable back there,” Reisig said passing the credit around for the 4-1/2-0 Union start. “We still have work to do and room to improve.”

Reisig is 6-1, 200-pounds, athletic enough to run some and keep plays alive. He has a 4.0 GPA, and combine book smarts with a high football IQ. I believe he is Oklahoma State’s top target as a 2025 quarterback offer.
“It’s going good, picking up a lot, and I’m hearing from a lot of different colleges,” Reisig said of the recruiting process. “I haven’t made a decision yet, it’s open.”
His focus is on Union and winning another state championship, should he do that then he would have the amazing rarity and would be one of a kind in having guided “Backyard Bowl” rivals Jenks and Union both to State Championships. That is kind of proof how crazy and competitive Class 6A Division I football is especially in the Northeast portion of the state.
“The competition in (Class) 6A-I is real, it’s great,” Reisig agreed. “So, I look forward to every game, every week, it’s a good one.”
0035117-qmsl-240x135.jpg

Reisig prepares to throw for two-point conversion in second quarter at Yukon.
Reisig is so fun to watch. He is a coach on the field, a point guard quarterback that does an excellent job of distributing the ball to teammates in the backfield, on the line, and on the perimeter. He can dink and dunk it and then he can air it out vertically. There is no surprise that he has completed 119-of-146 passing for 81.5 percent, 1,539-yards with 19 touchdowns and only three interceptions.
"Shaker does a good job," Union head coach Kirk Fridrich said to the Tulsa World after the Yukon win. "He continues to execute at a high level. I am really proud of the way he plays and also the way he spread the ball around to different guys and get guys different touches."
He is an amazing quarterback prospect and one of the best I’ve seen in Oklahoma ever.

Tweet Share

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News