ADVERTISEMENT

Uninsured Rate Drops To Lowest Level Since The '90s

"In 2013, 13.4 percent of the population, or 42 million people, lacked health insurance for the entire year, the bureau found. By contrast, the CDC survey asks respondents whether they have coverage at the time of the interview, meaning they may have had coverage at another point during the same year.

But neither the Congressional Budget Office nor anyone else believes Obamacare will ever bring the number of uninsured Americans down to zero. A decade from now, CBO projects 31 million people will not have health insurance, 25 million fewer than if the Affordable Care Act hadn't been enacted, but still 11 percent of the population."

Sounds like a complete faillure by the President's own stated standards.

It works at making people get insurance. I'm not sure that is going to be an effective metric at determining whether or not the overall level of healthcare in the country is improving. If you forced companies to buy people bread each week and fined every home that didn't own a loaf of bread you'd probably see an increase in bread sales and in increase in the number of homes that have bread.

It will be years and years before we are able to understand and analyze the effects of this law. I hope it works as intended and improves the level of healthcare in this country, this I doubt. The best real scenario in my mind is that it will reduce cost while marginally reducing the level of healthcare. Based on past government programs, I think it's likely that it will end up increasing costs and reducing the quality of healthcare, but at least everybody will have insurance.

Lol the president makes it illegal to not have insurance and what happens? Tens of millions of people ignore him.

Originally posted by NeekReevers:

It will be years and years before we are able to understand and analyze the effects of this law. I hope it works as intended and improves the level of healthcare in this country, this I doubt. The best real scenario in my mind is that it will reduce cost while marginally reducing the level of healthcare. Based on past government programs, I think it's likely that it will end up increasing costs and reducing the quality of healthcare, but at least everybody will have insurance.

Exactly what i hope and expect as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT