ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

DEWrestlingFan

Commitment
Aug 31, 2005
I was just on Flo and looking through the transfer tracker. I did not realize that eight wrestlers transferred out. Seems like a lot. Two of which would have been starters most likely on this year's team and had the potential to AA. The others probably would have been depth on this year's team. I do believe that the scale ends up about even on quality of what came in and what went out. Anyone have any input? How does losing Espo impact transfers in or out in the future? I know he was very well respected!

Troy Spratley: Came in from Minnesota. We shall see how he does this year against some of the top wrestlers. Does he do better than Mastro did, can Witcraft beat him out at 125 to start?
Izzak Olejnik: Came in from Northern Illinois. Can he repeat his AA performance from last year?
Tagen Jamison: Came in from Minnesota. Anyone have any input on this young man? 141 seems pretty deep with Alvarez, Young, Travis.
Sammy Alvarez: Came in from Rutgers. If he has gotten better since his freshman year, he is a definite AA candidate.

Travis Mastro/Northern Colorado: May have his hands full starting at 157 with returner Zerban, Round of 12, back. AA potential.
Hunter Worthen: No transfer college listed.
Luke Mechler/Wisconsin: Should start at 157 for Wisconsin. Had a loss to Manibog last year at the Scuffle.
Victor Voinovich/Iowa: Should start at 149, but may have his hands full with Jesuroga. AA potential.
Chance McLane/Arizona State: 165 starting spot is between him and Negron.
Cooper Birdwell/Wyoming: Will probably be depth for Wyoming at 141
Eli Cordy: No transfer college listed.
Colt Newton: No transfer college listed.

Voinovich was the only guaranteed starter that transferred and the only one that hurts.

Sprately Olejnik and Alvarez are all projected starters and should be upgrades at those weights. All were very good additions.

Jaminson seems to have some potential but will need to see how that translates. At minimum it’s a talented depth piece.

Hopefully we’ve found some guys that can string together a bunch of wins. Too many guys lately that can’t consistently win.

Reactions: vhsalum
Voinovich was the only guaranteed starter that transferred and the only one that hurts.

Sprately Olejnik and Alvarez are all projected starters and should be upgrades at those weights. All were very good additions.

Jaminson seems to have some potential but will need to see how that translates. At minimum it’s a talented depth piece.
Yes, I don't think we lost much and it is possible that Jordan Williams could have beat Voinovich. However, I really hope that Jordan Williams jumps a level soon because I have not seen much in regards to him being a very good wrestler this last year.

If there's no transfer college listed does that mean they're done wrestling? If so then only 5 wrestlers transferred out. I wouldn't worry to much about it. We did well this off-season with transfers. Not everyone was so lucky. I'm sure Espo leaving will have an impact but hopefully other things will reverse that impact.

Reactions: JAY45 and tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT