ADVERTISEMENT

Tragic Accident in Iowa

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
My Good wrestling friend in Iowa, Jim Brown posted this story on facebook. Over the weekend four 14 year old students and wrestlers were killed after making preparations for a parade in Epworth or the Western Dubuque Iowa school system. They had finished working on their wrestling float and were all riding in a John Deere "gator" utility vehicle when they were struck by a truck that had run a stop sign. The loss of four youths has to strike hard at a rural community in Iowa and makes one pause and think about the youths in our communities, wrestlers or not. What a tragedy and my prayers are with their families and the community as a whole.

Prayers for the family and friends of the victims. That's just a horrible tragedy that is going to affect so many.

Micco posts under the name of Micco from another car accident in the early 1980s that took the life of Micco Haney, Shawnee wrestler and son of Enoch Kelly Haney the Indian Artist that sculptured the Indian Warrior atop our state Capitol building in Oklahoma City. My Micco was the first recipient of the Micco Haney Award at the wrestling banquet in 1984 which was awarded for the wrestler showing the spirit and courage on the wrestling mat. Shawnee has experienced an inordinate amount of car accidents in the last 30 years that I have been associated with the program, that has taken the lives of at least ten but probably more Shawnee High school wrestlers and that includes a tragic accident that took the lives of Cody Wilcoxsen and Yukon wrestler Wade Galt. They were cousins and killed in this accident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT