ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket office fiasco - no longer a season ticket holder

Pokes28

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
Many of you may remember that last year I complained about how horrible my seats were after the "upgrades" of the North side. I'm 6'2", and I can't sit in my seat because even if I am as far back in my seat as possible, my knees are in the back of the person in front of me. I called the ticket office and sent Chad an email after I found out that he was involved in the decision that led to such crappy seats, etc. Last year at the ticket office, they told me that after the season was over, they would work with me to find a good fix. I called after the season and was told I needed to call during the renewal period.

I just got off the phone with the ticket office. I was told that I couldn't pick new seats until after the South Side completed their re-seating process (the same process I went through last year, which was a giant cluster). But to be able to change seats, I had to renew my current seats. I sit in a high donation section (formerly 117), not club or box level donation, but the highest general seats. And they screwed up those seats so bad that I can't sit there. Last year I left several games early because I was so uncomfortable. I'm not going to go through that again. Any seat I would move to will be a lower donation. But they said I had to renew at the current rate and then deal with it later. So my options were to renew or to cancel.

So now, after having season tickets for 20+ years, I no longer have any seats tied to my account. I'm so pissed off right now at how the ticket office pushed me off time and again, and they know the seat situation sucks. Despite that, they offered up what essentially amounted to a "pay or leave" situation. We were forced to move in year 2 or 3 of us having season tickets due to the ADA compliance changes that required them to turn our seats into bigger wheelchair spaces. They called me and offered to allow us to move anywhere that was open for the same price that we were paying for our seats. We moved into seats that were OK other than being seated next to what was essentially the two grumpy bastards from the muppets. Made for a less-than-great environment. Again, the ticket office was great and helped us move into the seats we've had ever since. Now I have a situation that is out of my control, they have known about this since after the first game last year, but not only do they not care, they problem-solve with an ultimatum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News