ADVERTISEMENT

This is Fun!

grumpy_okie

Recruit
Jan 31, 2020
It's been awhile since being a Cowboy fan has been a truly enjoyable experience. Sure we've had some great moments over the past 15+ years, but it's been a LONG time since there's been an energy like this around the program, at least from a fan's perspective. Our program just pulled off something that has the potential to reshape the landscape of college wrestling for years to come, and I'm so excited to get to watch it all unfold. Who knows what will actually transpire over the coming years, but as of right now, I couldn't be happier with the direction of our program which is in stark contrast to the recent past.

I think Coleman did a fantastic job in his role over the past year, and I think the rest of the group had things headed in the right direction as well. However, what we had lined up would have been a slow steady climb with a ceiling almost certainly below that of where Penn State currently is. I truly think we just hired 1 of the 3 people who could actually have us competing with Penn State with in a few recruiting cycles.

With all that being said, the human element should never be ignored, and I'm sure there is some pretty rough times being had right now, especially by some of the children that are impacted by this, and I would hope that as a fan base we have compassion in our hearts for those folks, and maybe few prayers as well.

Go Pokes!

It's been awhile since being a Cowboy fan has been a truly enjoyable experience. Sure we've had some great moments over the past 15+ years, but it's been a LONG time since there's been an energy like this around the program, at least from a fan's perspective. Our program just pulled off something that has the potential to reshape the landscape of college wrestling for years to come, and I'm so excited to get to watch it all unfold. Who knows what will actually transpire over the coming years, but as of right now, I couldn't be happier with the direction of our program which is in stark contrast to the recent past.

I think Coleman did a fantastic job in his role over the past year, and I think the rest of the group had things headed in the right direction as well. However, what we had lined up would have been a slow steady climb with a ceiling almost certainly below that of where Penn State currently is. I truly think we just hired 1 of the 3 people who could actually have us competing with Penn State with in a few recruiting cycles.

With all that being said, the human element should never be ignored, and I'm sure there is some pretty rough times being had right now, especially by some of the children that are impacted by this, and I would hope that as a fan base we have compassion in our hearts for those folks, and maybe few prayers as well.

Go Pokes!
Well said okie.

Reactions: AtownPoke

Go Pokes!
At this precise moment, I'm both happy for you guys and for us. You've got a potential Sanderson level hire and we've got a coaching tree started. Having said that, if we learn anything from history, we will once again be at each others throats at NCAAs. Let us both enjoy the ride. WE ARE!!

Can you guys push.. or should I say help persuade your new coach to reach out to Cael to wrestle PSU at Beaver Stadium this fall? I revel in "taking" everything from Hawkeye fans and hope your team is part of breaking the attendance record with us...
It wasn’t ever us that declined a dual. We’ve literally wrestled everyone else but yall. Would love for it to change. Was at the “dual championships” or whatever it was a few years back in Stillwater against PSU and it was awesome. Doesn’t help that yall wrestled half as many duals as most teams (no shade, honestly).

So can i use it or not? Is this a n-word situation? Have to BE from the state to say it?
As a life long Okie, I have yet to run into anyone born after 1950 or so who isn't just an attention seeking d-bag, that actually takes exception to being called an Okie. When I was a kid there were a few old folks that I knew who had lived through the great depression/dust bowl and who had relocated out west for years then came back, and they bristled at the term, but out side of that it's been a non-issue my whole life. So Okie away!

But Okie State is a NO-GO.

As a life long Okie, I have yet to run into anyone born after 1950 or so who isn't just an attention seeking d-bag, that actually takes exception to being called an Okie. When I was a kid there were a few old folks that I knew who had lived through the great depression/dust bowl and who had relocated out west for years then came back, and they bristled at the term, but out side of that it's been a non-issue my whole life. So Okie away!

Thank you for the clarification.

Fond memories on this topic. Still remember as a young'n coming down the stairs Sunday morning with the smell of bacon in the air and the old man at the stove singing Okie from Muskogee . He must have loved that song cuz he was always singing it when he made breakfast...

Reactions: grumpy_okie
This PSU fan's recommendation: if season tickets are available, buy them up right now.
This is what I want to see again at almost every match:
resize

... with this dedication:
287882_10150910613981044_1691619299_o.jpg

How did you come across a black and white photo post 2009?
Not sure if you guys get the reference, but Cael invented wrestling when he came to PSU in 2009. That's an Iowa slam on PSU bandwagoners.
I'm sorry that I didn't understand your poorly written first post and your second post is completely incorrect. Ed Gallagher invented collegiate wrestling about 80 years before 2009.

This is what I want to see again at almost every match:
resize

... with this dedication:
287882_10150910613981044_1691619299_o.jpg
Long time PSU season ticket holder (GT 30 yrs). We always had decent crowds in Rec Hall in the 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s but, you could always walk up and get in. Within a year of Carl’s hiring the only way to get in was pre-season standing room tics, scalpers, or knowing a season ticket holder who died. You guys know the drill cause you’ve done it before in spades. It will be interesting to see how you Athletic Dept handles seating assignments in your new wrestling arena.

Long time PSU season ticket holder (GT 30 yrs). We always had decent crowds in Rec Hall in the 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s but, you could always walk up and get in. Within a year of Carl’s hiring the only way to get in was pre-season standing room tics, scalpers, or knowing a season ticket holder who died. You guys know the drill cause you’ve done it before in spades. It will be interesting to see how you Athletic Dept handles seating assignments in your new wrestling arena.
Is it going to be a new arena? I thought it was gonna be a practice/training facility.

Is it going to be a new arena? I thought it was gonna be a practice/training facility.

Yes. New facilities are for training and day to day.

Matches will always be in GIA unless there are some strange one-off situations.

Hopefully our new hoops coach turns things around or wrestling attendance will exceed hoops attendance.

The arena can seat over 13k, so it will be a while before wrestling tickets are extra hard to get. But good wrestling tickets, where you don’t need binoculars 😁, will definitely be tougher.

I love my seat location and I don't even know how they compare to other Gallagher seat prices. Anyway, I was wondering how the $110 I pay for each of my two tickets compares with others (say PSU, Iowa...) but that seems more than reasonable. We'll see if prices go up as this new era progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT